Good deal on BMW rims

MYBAD79

At the tire store ..... Guys are installing my tires and while I'm waiting I'm looking at their special deals ... Too bad these are not wide enough for my flares but these should look awesome under a stock body C3, different center cap of course .... The BMW bolt pattern is 5x120, Chevy is 5x120.65 .... Close enough :D

photo_zpseae015b1.jpg

As a hardcore turbine wheel aficionado I have to say BWM's rim design is what comes a the closest ersatz.
Some M and X serie models even have a slight dish and/or come in staggered set.
I look up Ebay from time to time, but I'm not ready to pour thousands into a rim set.

C4 wheels, '89 vette, 120 bux off Craigslist.....sold my same size sawblades for 200 bux....swapped tires over...no biggie....

200 is what I paid for the sawblades with usable rubber on them...back up north in '95......:smash:

How much are they?

Can't see on phone...looks like breyton gtp or gts
Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I know the bolt patern is going to fit but what about the backspace?

They are generally short (too much BS) by an inch or so...

Your O Peean seems to cum up short these daze......

:crylol::censored:

but I do wonder how much the pattern is stressed when securing the wheels.....little nervous over that one....yeh sure a tenth over the diameter is not much, but them bolts/studs are under a lotta stress.....will they work together under a lotta stress???

curious to find out....

to mount those rims you will need hubcentric rings (that is, if you don't need a big spacer for your car, these ETs fit many GM cars, corvettes however...nope!) the lug nut pattern is easily fixed with wobble nuts if you're scared to run the 120s on a 120.65. I have buimmer wheels on several cars and never had a problem. I do have arp studs on mine though

to mount those rims you will need hubcentric rings (that is, if you don't need a big spacer for your car, these ETs fit many GM cars, corvettes however...nope!) the lug nut pattern is easily fixed with wobble nuts if you're scared to run the 120s on a 120.65. I have buimmer wheels on several cars and never had a problem. I do have arp studs on mine though

Interesting engineering..........:drink:

I know the bolt patern is going to fit but what about the backspace?

They are generally short (too much BS) by an inch or so...

and that's a good thing. a 1" adapter does not only move the wheel outwards, it also moves the wheel away from the calipers. C3s need curved spokes so that the backside clears the calipers, using a 1" or 1.5" adapter solves this issue ....

245-40 and 285-35 should fit nicely, same sizes I got on my C6. 18s on the front though.... tires should be 800 or so, not bad considering it's 19"

a 295 will easily fiot a 9.5 rim, next time I am going to stick 305 or 315s on my 9.5 rears

this is 265 front 295 rear: (8.5 and 9.5x19 wheels, ET 20/15 bimmer wheels)

2502fb4d1615a4.jpg

where did you find a 295 that fits?

choices here are 285-35 or 305-30 (I forgot, maybe it was 305-25) ... anyways, choices for 19" are kinda limited... IF you want more than the 285s....
what's the Z06 size ? 325-30 ?? Choices here are General for 200 or Michelin/Goodyear for 400..... and you need a 11" rim for that tire.....LOL

Last edited:
Get an English dictionary. Those round metallic things in each corner of your cars are wheels. They are not rims. Each wheel will have a wheel diameter and also a rim width. A typical C3 stock wheel is 15 inches in diameter with a 8 inch rim. A stock C3 car does not have 15 inch rims.

Get an English dictionary. Those round metallic things in each corner of your cars are wheels. They are not rims. Each wheel will have a wheel diameter and also a rim width. A typical C3 stock wheel is 15 inches in diameter with a 8 inch rim. A stock C3 car does not have 15 inch rims.

So what would you call the whole assembly (wheel and tire)? 2 and 3 piece wheel manufacturers usually refer to the "rim" as a hoop or barrel.

So once the tire is mounted it's a wheel/tire assembly??? Lol

Despite what websters says , the steel or aluminum part is commonly called the rim ....

Oh, the english dictionary would probably also say tyre , not tire LOL

Ok, let's rephrase: "good deal on tireless BMW wheels"

:thumbs: