GM heads and intake.

kwplot34

Heart Attack
I have a set of heads GM cast # 3927186 and aluminum intake, with the snow flake 3890490. any use for them today?

2.02s or 1.94s?

With accessory bolt holes or without?

They're an old head, but not a terrible design (meaning, good for a throw-together project, or FAST racing.... but not something great for a non-stock motor)

2.02s or 1.94s?

With accessory bolt holes or without?

They're an old head, but not a terrible design (meaning, good for a throw-together project, or FAST racing.... but not something great for a non-stock motor)

They have accessory bolt holes. I have an old 327 block was thinking of putting them on, the block is old,has the road draft tube,never been bored,until now. I have it at the machine shop right now. It has the 2.02 intake valves.

those would be a kick on a high compression 327

Not sure if i should use them. or sell them to somebody that needs them to make their motor correct. I am building a 327. its an old block,has the road draft tube,never been bored,till now.

Not sure if i should use them. or sell them to somebody that needs them to make their motor correct. I am building a 327. its an old block,has the road draft tube,never been bored,till now.

IMO: Refirb the heads for a few bucks and run 'em. It's just as fun to run the old stuff...

IMO: Refirb the heads for a few bucks and run 'em. It's just as fun to run the old stuff...

were it me, I'd check the valves to make sure they don't leak; check the stems for too much play; replace the oil seals; do a quick sandpaper-around-a-block-of-wood flattening then run the snot out of them. If they need anything more, then selling them to the NCRS guys would be the best use of them as you can buy new heads for less than the cost of a typical head rebuild.... which is kind of sad and cool all at once.

I had virtually the same heads, a pair that that were correct for a 69 Z28, couldn't even get 50 bucks for the pair out of Craigslist, so threw them in the trash.

Use them if you can, easy to change later anyway.