finally took a new picture

7t9l82

IMG_20140326_181744501_HDR.jpg

i dont know if i have posted a picture of my 79, but after finishing my headlight project i felt motivated to post a picture. maybe you guys can post a few

NICE ride man, the darker red reminds me of the old color on my car....tan interior matches, also.....

'-)

the shade really depends on the light, in bright light its a lot lighter, reds are like that but this color has a bit of pearl in it so its more pronounced

the shade really depends on the light, in bright light its a lot lighter, reds are like that but this color has a bit of pearl in it so its more pronounced

Mine was a old Ditzler color, a light blue metallic over sprayed with a red translucent coat of some sort....it was a long lasting just gorgeous paint job, but time took it's toll....damnit.....:hissyfit:

but yours looks damn close, maybe a shade lighter....

ditzler used to make some great colors, today you can buy off the shelf stuff that is amazing. but i haven't been able to find real pearl, only synthetic stuff, which is more uniform but less effect. people today would freak out if they saw a real pearl white. every angle is a different color.

Very cool ride you got here.
If it was my car I'd put sidepipe covers or rocker panels, it feel a little bit empty in that area.

ditzler used to make some great colors, today you can buy off the shelf stuff that is amazing. but i haven't been able to find real pearl, only synthetic stuff, which is more uniform but less effect. people today would freak out if they saw a real pearl white. every angle is a different color.

Nice looking car!

That's the way I remember pearl white in the '70's. During the day there were subtle color shifts, blue-green to red-scarlet, at night under the lights the color shifts were amazing.

You Florida guys have got it made. Work on your cars year round, paint em in the driveway. I can't do that here.

Nice looking car!

That's the way I remember pearl white in the '70's. During the day there were subtle color shifts, blue-green to red-scarlet, at night under the lights the color shifts were amazing.

You Florida guys have got it made. Work on your cars year round, paint em in the driveway. I can't do that here.

im originaly from norther Virginia D. C area. I've dealt with the cold. move on down!

a pic of Mine

Yours is very nice,like the red!!!!
Here is a pic of my old 10 footer '77.

DSC04940.jpg

Taken a month or so back,right after the new 18's installed, on 9.5 C5 wagon wheels,it's currently on jack stands as I finish the rack install.
Gimpy

ten footer? nothing wrong with that car, at least it isn't a 77 mustangII.

let us know how your rack install goes

ten footer? nothing wrong with that car, at least it isn't a 77 mustangII.

let us know how your rack install goes

Giggle, notice I took this @ about 15 ft. But thanks!
Will do on the rack,filled it with oil last nite, no leaks!!!!Only bolts to tighten and a little paint ,tow to set :noworry:,I' ll post some pics soon.
Gimpy

Very nice ride!! Are the side pipes stainless steel? Whats under the hood? More pics.