Draw on Battery until Death

gr8vet

I have chased the draw on my 82 for two years that has been drawing the battery down in about two days. I have pulled the fuses and did find a 250ma pull from the electric choke, and another 250ma draw from who knows where.

I finally gave in and bought one of those battery brains that is supposed to drop out the battery if the charge drops below some set value, as to leave you plenty of cranking energy. Just push the switch back in and fire it up.

I pulled the old computer out to gain more room in the battery compartment and in order to get the cables to reach the new gizmo I had to remove the frame mounted "Thing" that a few positive wires off the battery connect to. For the time being I just wrapped the "thing" in tape and left hanging.

Guess what, my battery has now kept a full charge for over 2 weeks. Apparently the "thing" , post/insulator/connector thing, must have been shorting to the frame or the computer was pulling an unknown load.

Curious if anyone else has found anything similar? I had pulled each and every fuse while monitoring the amp meter, including the computer which had no pull.

tt

No i have not had any draw problems that i know of. But i did install a Battery Brain last year with a remote to turn the power on and off. Just a security measure against any draws or theft.