Couple of comments about brakes...and fixes

I just found this today

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/890...Cylinder.html?itemNo=master cylinder aluminum

I may get it if I cant find adapters for the c5 master

I think It would be cheaper to use the master above than to adapt my current master

The Speedway master cylinder looks nice. A couple things pop into my head. I wonder what the weight comparison is between that m/c and the C5 unit? And, the Speedway unit is a one inch bore. Anybody recall what the C5 unit is? With the stock C3 calipers I used to get a lot of pad taper wear, and after a few long track sessions I'd run out of pedal. A 1 inch m/c would deliver less fluid volume than the present 1 1/8 inch system I have. But, now that I've got Wilwood calipers on the C4 suspension, it may not be an issue if the Wilwood pads wear more evenly than the Delco caliper pads.

Edit: I just looked back on an old post reply from TT indicating that the C5 m/c bore is one inch. Thanks again TT.

Last edited:
I just found this today

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/890...Cylinder.html?itemNo=master cylinder aluminum

I may get it if I cant find adapters for the c5 master

I think It would be cheaper to use the master above than to adapt my current master

The Speedway master cylinder looks nice. A couple things pop into my head. I wonder what the weight comparison is between that m/c and the C5 unit? And, the Speedway unit is a one inch bore. Anybody recall what the C5 unit is? With the stock C3 calipers I used to get a lot of pad taper wear, and after a few long track sessions I'd run out of pedal. A 1 inch m/c would deliver less fluid volume than the present 1 1/8 inch system I have. But, now that I've got Wilwood calipers on the C4 suspension, it may not be an issue if the Wilwood pads wear more evenly than the Delco caliper pads.

The j56 brackets reduce pad taper, I think I may try to make my own

The C4 master is 1" bore like the speedway, I may be getting rid of mine. I might just go to a regular iron MC right now so I don't have to get funky adapters

My hawk pads destroy the rotors rather quickly right now, I'm not sure how much the pads wear though, I'll compare them to a new set I have

Can you run old pads on new rotors?

Last edited: