Corvette race day pics (on track in Finland)

Finnshark

Last sunday we had a sunny and warm day at local race track. Bunch of Corvettes, friends and sun, what else can you ask for a race day? :bounce:

Fastest was new Z06, not a surprise? Track is an old race track which is still used for races. Unfortunately because of it's age the side barriers and woods are close. So there is no place for mistakes. That's why many drivers are not looking to drop the last tenths of a second.

We had loads of fun though! Here are some pictures for you to see some cars in Finland.

First some laps all together slowly to see the condition of the track. At that time it was possible to take few "track shots".
13403.jpg

Lingenfelter Twin Turbo:
13405.jpg

Few shots around the track:
13394.jpg

13409.jpg

Yellow Z06 visited the track,
13408.jpg

but the fastest was silver Z06:
13388.jpg

Flooring the right pedal with nice '77
13393.jpg

Throw me a curve, pretty much stock '72 and some body roll...
13383.jpg

This is something else than a stock '70. Still road legal (also in Finland), but pretty much purpose built for track.
13371.jpg

NICE sweet weather there, I can see from the trees, reminds me of New England in the summer/spring.....and the cars are GREAT, 20 years out of under the Russian shadow, didn't take you guys long to get some BUX together....

:bounce::amazed::trumpet:

NICE sweet weather there, I can see from the trees, reminds me of New England in the summer/spring.....and the cars are GREAT, 20 years out of under the Russian shadow, didn't take you guys long to get some BUX together....

:bounce::amazed::trumpet:

Russian shadow was pushed back to Russia over 90 years ago for good from Finland! Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania got independence about 20 years ago. ;)

New England should have pretty much the same climate and same kind of nature. I spent my winter in Montreal and it was pretty much the same as in Finland. Maybe even a bit harder. It's the best time of the year at the moment, nature is blooming after long winter!

beautiful race track....

:thumbs: That does look like a great place to drive a few laps with the T tops off.:yahoo:

Indeed it is! It is a track with a lot of history. It was built in 1967 and it has held for example Formula 2 race in 60's with many F1 drivers at that time. You might remember names: Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Jack Brabham and Niki Lauda. It's always great time to visit this track, it has so much more attitude than new clean, safe and flat tracks.