Calling V-Twin Cold Air Induction for C3?

Vettezuki

Howdy, I'm vaguely recalling something Xander (Zander?) said when the twins were out in Cali about a Nascar style "cold" air induction for C3s. This is a request for further info. My LSx H&C is taking air purely from the engine compartment and worse, the intake is pretty much running along the rad hose which probably further raises the IAT.

Hey Ben (?)

I have a NASCAR carbon fiber cold air box, as it is it's not a true cold air induction as I didn't connect it to the cowl directly. With a little more ducting or maybe a bolt on piece funneling air from above the wiper bay...it would be complete. I have the wiper cover so that helps a little. I did have to use a mallory distributor that we converted to a crab style ford flat hat cap. You can buy the distributor converted like that from mallory too I think.

Here's a pic of the setup:
24a3ab36b0604c.jpg

If you're running injection and electric fans you could do something like I did. I have a modified '85 air cleaner mounted under the rad. with a scoop coming thru the spoiler.64749b93490e012d.jpg

Thanks guys, these are giving me some good ideas. I am running injection (LS engine) and electric fans.