C5 Gauge Cluster in a C3

GoVetteGo

I good friend gave me a C5 gauge cluster for my 1978 Darth Vader Vette. I will be building a custom dash and center console and love the shape of the C5 cluster. I also love that all the gauges are right in front of you - not to the right!

Has anyone adapted a C5 gauge cluster to a C3 or have suggestions as to how to proceed?

Thanx

John

Last edited:
Do you have an LS engine????

No and I am not going that way so I will not have all the computer stuff the cluster will require. I am looking at what I can use to retro fit into it to be compatible with the 78. I could black out the actual gauges and use LED from
Intelitronix but I kind of like the 200 MPH Speedo!:crylol::crylol:

I think you could do it if you gutted the insides and converted the gauges. The gauges are either traditional air core or stepper motors.

It sure wouldn't be easy.

I think you could do it if you gutted the insides and converted the gauges. The gauges are either traditional air core or stepper motors.

It's really the "look" I want - I might retrofit some compatible gauges if I can locate the right sizes. I'll get it figured out.

It's really the "look" I want - I might retrofit some compatible gauges if I can locate the right sizes. I'll get it figured out.

Dont forget , we like pics.

Yeah - I like pics too! Nothing to show on the gauges or dash yet. I am going to Carlisle tomorrow then I will get into the Darth Vader Vette with all arms & legs!!!

I did resolve one portion of the gauges - a friend recommended a GPS Speedo! That should be easy enough the fit in! Now for the other 5 HAHAHA!

huh, finding gauges with the lower cut out gonna be though.
Good luck.

Yeah - I like pics too! Nothing to show on the gauges or dash yet. I am going to Carlisle tomorrow then I will get into the Darth Vader Vette with all arms & legs!!!

I did resolve one portion of the gauges - a friend recommended a GPS Speedo! That should be easy enough the fit in! Now for the other 5 HAHAHA!

Yeah Carlisle..... that was in the plans BUT my wife ditched her HOG in a onion field, (she's ok just her pride was bumped a bit:clobbered:)

Soooo budget will go on a new paint for her faring and inner faring + a saddle bag that was damaged.

Carlisle will wait for next year... again

Yeah Carlisle..... that was in the plans BUT my wife ditched her HOG in a onion field, (she's ok just her pride was bumped a bit:clobbered:)

Soooo budget will go on a new paint for her faring and inner faring + a saddle bag that was damaged.

ONION field?? somehow there is humor in that....:harhar:

Glad she's ok man, bikes can be fixed....insurance?? I had booked a trip to see my sis in Santa Fe NMexico and so about 2 weeks before trip, some clown backs his hitch into the front bumper of the vette, 2700 bux later and a check waiting for me when I got home, and we got a free vacation out of it, fixed the vette myself....but that's what led eventually to my crappy paint job....oh well.....:goodnight:

Glad she's ok man, bikes can be fixed....insurance?? I had booked a trip to see my sis in Santa Fe NMexico and so about 2 weeks before trip, some clown backs his hitch into the front bumper of the vette, 2700 bux later and a check waiting for me when I got home, and we got a free vacation out of it, fixed the vette myself....but that's what led eventually to my crappy paint job....oh well.....:goodnight:

Yeah "onion field" like I said she's ok and the parts are allready ready for paint.
reassemble next week.

BUT I dont want to sidetrack GoVetteGO's post.

Curious how youll fit the gauges .

Yeah "onion field" like I said she's ok and the parts are allready ready for paint.
reassemble next week.

BUT I dont want to sidetrack GoVetteGO's post.

Curious how youll fit the gauges .

Me neither, and yes, I curious about doing something like that too, my knowledge in that area extends to a piece of old aluminum plate, which is fine for the center gauges, but not any way to make it fit up with the plastic around the speedo/tach......I did see a post somewhere years ago about some guy casting up his own interior and it did look GREAT, but it was more troubles than I could imagine myself trying.....much less the price of a can of epoxy these daze,.....:hissyfit: