c4 spare ???

JeffP1167

how large are they and could it fit in my 97 camaro? I have 17 inch rims on my camaro now and need a spare tire. Or what compact spare would fit?

the best spare in the world is AAA, just sayin' :)

AAA is for women. I can change a tire.

:censored: I don't need to prove my virility by changing tires... but then again, I bought a Corvette because it was fast not as a prosthetic extension for my manhood :D

thanks for sharing that! now back to topic, what kind of car can I get a compact spare from that will fit in my camaro's trunk space and still work with rear discs and 17 inch tires.

I think my original is a 15 inch spare without a inflator bottle setup. While it works fine for flat in front it won't do much good if flat in rear.

Not sure I understand the dilemma here... What is different about the rear that you cant put the 15" spare on? It doesnt have a posi rear, does it?

So then you just need a spare tire for a 15" rim that matches the OD of the rear tire. Or am I missing something here

So then you just need a spare tire for a 15" rim that matches the OD of the rear tire. Or am I missing something here

Yes, I have 315/35/17 in rear and 275/40/17 in front. However I also have disc rearend and know some compact spares wont clear the calipers.

I'm wondering what spare 97 camaro SS came with since they had zr1 styly rims

Car originally had 16x8 rims

I would rather have something that fits in my trunk like it's original spare in the 1/4 panel area.

Last edited:
GTOs have a 245/17 space saver spare.... which is too short for your tire.

alternatively, you can carry a compressor and fix a flat