C4 headlight covers

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
I have a new Toledo Pro hi-rise hood for the '84 and I was starting to cut out some aluminum sheet to cover the headlight bucket openings, but then I took a peek at the old headlight assembly and it looks like the covers might just bolt to the assembly. If so then it would less labor intensive to get a used set of covers and then make some brackets to bolt them to the hood (The hood is supplied painted black and I want to paint the covers black until I get finished with all the other stuff and get the hood painted to match the rest of the car). So, has anyone removed the top cover to confirm that it's a separate piece?

Thanks,
Mike

I have a new Toledo Pro hi-rise hood for the '84 and I was starting to cut out some aluminum sheet to cover the headlight bucket openings, but then I took a peek at the old headlight assembly and it looks like the covers might just bolt to the assembly. If so then it would less labor intensive to get a used set of covers and then make some brackets to bolt them to the hood (The hood is supplied painted black and I want to paint the covers black until I get finished with all the other stuff and get the hood painted to match the rest of the car). So, has anyone removed the top cover to confirm that it's a separate piece?

Thanks,
Mike

the headlight cover unbolts, once you remove the headlight bezel you will see the 4 10mm bolts.

painting001-1.jpg

pologreenlids.jpg

I will be cutting up a 1990 hood if you need anything.

Thanks,
Mike

the headlight cover unbolts, once you remove the headlight bezel you will see the 4 10mm bolts.

pologreenlids.jpg

If I understand correctly that the top (flat) part/lid is a separate piece, then I'm in the search for a couple of lids. If you're selling some parts please PM me a price.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks,
Mike

pologreenlids.jpg

If I understand correctly that the top (flat) part/lid is a separate piece, then I'm in the search for a couple of lids. If you're selling some parts please PM me a price.

Thanks,
Mike

I have mine from that 90 I am parting out