build a shed? fuck yea! I can do that

Korean he says, I think Thai..............

I was thinking Hungarian. I've seen similar engineering before.

The individual pics were very enjoyable but the time lapse really set this apart. At first, having some knowledge of carpentry, I found his steps highly unpredictable but as you watched him work, there was a perverse logic to it.

What fascinates me is that 15 minutes on the Internet, or even speaking with someone at Home Depot would have prevented most of the egregious errors. Also, I wouldn't think language would have been an issue. I can't speak for Korean, but I can say that it's hard to find English speaking people in Vancouver.

I learnt in Belize they use garbage for fill, then build on top of that..

Ralphy

That thread has gone viral..... he has updates on pages 5 and 7 and also included some videos.....

awesome.....

I learnt in Belize they use garbage for fill, then build on top of that..

Ralphy

Some maybe close to ten years ago, here in Florida....I went to a house that had some floor tile in a rather long hallway that had 'steepled' in the middle of the length.....meaning two adjacent tiles managed to pop up on the joint, but the hallway was 3' wide....so 3 filed managed to pop up about 45* in the air.....

I went through the house full of tile, built on slab....and tapped with my rubber handle framing hammer....every damn tile was loose.....hollow sounding....

So I fixed the hallway, got paid, the lady commented her hubby had bounced golf balls off the tiles and so they knew they were all loose/bad....

and then when leaving I went and looked at the house from the driveway....

Mind you that this was a LARGE house at least 2400' itself, large inground pool, deck, leading to a inlaw/visitor sweet on the other side, near the garage/drive....
AND the house slab was about 8" lower then the general lay of the land around it....land went toward the house, and then sloped in to the foundation many inches lower.....

the house worth maybe 400k at that time, had sunken in to the ground....

reason, ILLEGAL building practices....the land under this house was filled in with the remnants of a FLORIDA SWAMP.....vegetable material, it rotted in the water filled natural swamp soil and so maybe 4 years later the tile popped, and the house was useless.....

:smash::eek::surrender:

Last edited:
Years ago, I built a 9x12 shed in the backyard of my ex's house, I did it with junkyard car parts, diffy housings, axles, bumpers, steel wire fencing, etc for in place of re-bar....needless to say, it still stands.....been over 30 years now....

but it was NOT a swamp....:trumpet:

Years ago, I built a 9x12 shed in the backyard of my ex's house, I did it with junkyard car parts, diffy housings, axles, bumpers, steel wire fencing, etc for in place of re-bar....needless to say, it still stands.....been over 30 years now....

but it was NOT a swamp....:trumpet:

wat... So you used car parts instead re-bar in the slab only, or did you also use axles as structural members?

In other news, here are some 'chops some Subaru guys did in reaction to the same thread:
shack2_zps04fac03b.png

shack3_zps0d9f1475.png

kji.jpg

:mobeer:

Yeh, hanging with hotrodders for some decades before that shed was built....and so it was spend money or bar or just get rid of some old car parts...a few of us back there laughing our asses off as we poured the concrete....rented a mixer and bagged it....another funny story in itself....

:harhar::beer: