Bee Jay's Cold Air Intake

Bee Jay

I don't have any AC or heater, but I have a hole in my firewall. So, first I bought this at the Pomona swap meet:
Corvette218.jpg
Corvette219.jpg
It came with a stainless steel cone filter. No oiling needed, just rinse and air hose.
Corvette212.jpg
Then I ordered this cone air filter can from Summit:
Corvette207.jpg
Corvette217.jpg
I made the hole larger in my AC delete plate, and slid the can inside. It's ugly, but snug.
Corvette221.jpg
Corvette222.jpg
Then I mounted it all using 4" automotive duct hose from NAPA. I'm still working my serpentine conversion, so I will have to wait a few days before testing. But I should have cold air from the high pressure base of the windshield.

Corvette224.jpg
Corvette225.jpg
Corvette230.jpg
What do you think?
Bee Jay

BJ,
Go to Specters web site, and check the flow rate on that hat in N/A mode.

Bee Jay, could you give me a part # off the packaging for the 4" automotive duct hose? I'm about to embark on a search for just such an item. Knowing parts men today I anticipate at least a minor struggle.
[Not to get too far off topic but I was just searching for a 4" 90deg rubber bend to mount my maf sensor, the parts man, an experienced guy, found me a lovely Dayco item - $106. So I emailed Dayco with my request, got another part #, $21. Just a lazy partsman].
Thanks, Frank

Bee Jay, could you give me a part # off the packaging for the 4" automotive duct hose? I'm about to embark on a search for just such an item. Knowing parts men today I anticipate at least a minor struggle.
[Not to get too far off topic but I was just searching for a 4" 90deg rubber bend to mount my maf sensor, the parts man, an experienced guy, found me a lovely Dayco item - $106. So I emailed Dayco with my request, got another part #, $21. Just a lazy partsman].
Thanks, Frank

I will rummage around in the garage for the reciept tonight. I got it at NAPA. $6 a foot. I bought one foot.
Bee Jay

Thanks man. I got an Idea a couple of years ago off Gearz TV shaw. Stacy was advertising a notebook a guy could buy to record all parts and part #'s used on your car. Divided into sections [engine, axles, etc] I never did buy one [or a few] and now can't find them. So I have started one for myself and keep it up religiously. When ever an order comes in I immediately enter the Part # in the book in the appropriate section.

Thanks, Frank

4" hose part # is 815-5007 at NAPA.
Bee Jay