Attenna wrench

ToddG

Really could not find a forum to put this..but...

I think at one time I saw a small wrench for a key chain that is meant for antenna removal. Not a spanner wrench to remove the mounting nut but a wrench to remove the mast for storage..yep you guessed it..my Vette did not come with an auto antenna..Has anybody seen this!! or did I dream it ??
c-ya
ToddG :search:

The mast is only a 3/8 hex, so anything you can come up with will work- a small 6" adjustable or even a $1 store combination wrench.

Thinking about it some more, I recall some had a nut over the antenna shaft instead of the shaft being threaded with a hex. Either way, find a cheap wrench that fits and roll with it.

Tim, that is what I use now. I just thought i had seen some small tiny wrench bout the size of a key that went on the key ring.
c-ya
ToddG

yes i have had one of those tiny adjustable wrenches.....they are not really functional as tools but are key chain toys. i had one and if you put any torque on them they just break. i used it to turn the ball valve stud on my heater core control valve

Here is the wrench I keep in my tool box. It is a "throw away" antenna wrench that came on the antenna of new GM vehicles. It's plastic with a 3/8" hex. I love the fact that they don't scratch!
001.jpg

Here is the wrench I keep in my tool box. It is a "throw away" antenna wrench that came on the antenna of new GM vehicles. It's plastic with a 3/8" hex. I love the fact that they don't scratch!
001.jpg

Thanks for the great idea..I will use a piece of UHMW to make a small wrench for my key chain. Should work perfect.:idea:
c-ya
ToddG