Anyone Near New Smyrna Beach Florida?

Maymyvetteliveforever

I maybe purchasing a 04 Z06 and would like a pair of eyes since I'm 21 hours away. Can someone view this car for me? I've talked to the seller yesterday and will call back today since it looks as though he'll get his price.

Looks like I'm on my own.

New Smyrna is an hour drive north of me. I'm not very faminilar with C-5 cars, so my eyes do not have much experience. What exactly are you looking for? I might be able to take some pictures of the car and send them to you. How interested in making this purchase are you? What are your concerns about its condition? Let me know when the car is being shown and specifics you want me to focus on. Directions will help. Watch for a PM with my email.

Seems there are more of us C3 owners in this forum, but again I appreciate the offer. As far as I'm concerned even though I haven't given a deposit the owner has promised to sell the car to me and as a sign of good faith has taken down all his ads. Maybe I'm too trustworthy but I believe him since he's contacted me everyday via phone call or email.
Only problem is I've basically purchased sight unseen which is where this thread comes to play.

Even though there is only 9300 miles on the car I've been told some C5's have drippy rear end problems amoung other things and he's stating the exterior has no scratches or flaws. Again I want someone to view and test drive in person.

Thanks

If those are 9300 touring miles and no track miles, he may have done you a favor. He may have just started breaking it in for you. Hard track miles could have stressed some parts, but that probably isn't the case. Good luck with the purchase and let me know if you need someone to look.

Seller claims to have owned approximately 7 Corvettes since 60's and talking to him on the phone I'll estimate age at late 60's. He's the original owner and the rest of the history tells me it's a good find, but I have only gone on his words and 4 pictures of the car, hence the need for eyes in New Smyrna Beach Florida. He claims the car has never been driven hard and didn't want to lend the car for "test drives where they spin the tires around corners". . He states he wants to be in the passenger seat when the test drive takes place. He seems very protective but still I NEED EYES in Florida.:sos:

Thanks for showing interest Red.

I am 62 and wouldn't need to drive a car to tell if it has been abused. Having the owner drive the car should be more than sufficient. My interest would be what is under the hood and under the car. It would be nice to have it on a lift, or just up on a jack to have a good look underneith. I would expect a 9300 mile car to appear like new with no signs of leaks. Having all accessories working another consideration, but wouldn't a GM warrantee be transferrable to the next owner?

Maybe, he has an insurance protection plan that can be transferred to you. I have a buddy with a 2002 C-5 on which he had bought a full coverage protection plan. The car was drag raced and eventually had a problem with the torque converter, I think. He brought it to a recognized repair shop that evaluated the entire car and found many other things that needed to be repaired under his protection plan. A GM tech had to approve the work and it amounted to over $6K in repair work. His insurance plan resulted in a big savings. The seat tracks were replaced, apparently they had a problem with them, but he claims to not have noticed.

Your concern is understandable given the investment of the car. It is reasonable the car is like new and as advertised by the owner, but doubt remains. If your other eyes don't work out let me know and I'll shoot you some pictures with my gut feeling. Good luck with your purchase!

GM warranty is somewhat complicated to transfer from the U.S. to Canada so it really doesn't help me much.

I do appreciate the suggestions and will asks about insurance protection although again the Canada transfer is the kicker.

It's a lot to ask for you to take an hours drive even though I'd cover gas lunch/dinner etc. but I will keep everyone posted in this thread.

Thanks again for your input Red.

Thanks, but I'm not looking for compensation, just helping a fellow enthusiast best I can. My only request is that you schedule a showing in the PM, if you choose to have me look. Also, I can't be held responsible if there is something I miss on a general overview. Remember, I have never worked on a C-5 and not a professional mechanic. If there is a jack, or lift available I will be glad to examine the underside and take photos of anything you request. If anyone reading this thread has expert advice on what to look for, I'm all ears.

Look at the rocker panels, if a car jack is placed wrong it will crack the rockers or take a chunk of fiberglass out. Expensive repair....

The leather that GM is using is about the worst that I've ever seen. Don't be surprised if the seats have cracks or look like they come out of a '98 model with 200K miles.... not sure if it really is leather :bonkers:

Other than that I wouldn't expect too much wrong on a car with less than 10K miles.

Look for wear on the brake rotors, there should not be any significant wear at that mileage and no hard driving. Heck, even the tires should look new... might have flat spot though....and should be replaced due to age (6 years).

Body panels: look along the side of the car at an angle, compare the finish between panels. Check gaps between panels, look for masking lines or even overspray - I looked at a car once and I couldn't tell that the door was re-painted, they did a great job... then I looked under the door and found masking tape with paint on it :yahoo:

Thanks for all the advice MyBad79, but this would have to go to the person viewing the car since I'm 20 hrs away.

The seller and I have an agreement that I've purchased the car and all ads have been removed. Last GMAC 0% finance loan payment check has been mailed by the seller and I await clear title. I was hoping someone could view this car to see if this car is exactly as described with no chips, scratches and is in excellent condition as seller has stated.

Worst case senerio, I can back out of the deal since no downpayment has been given, but I want this so called prestine C5 car.

I'll keep you all updated.

I thought Mike (red) was going up there to have a look at the car? Unfortunately I've got too much going on this week otherwise I wouldn't mind going up there or join Mike.

Mike (Red) has generously offered to view the car but as I understand he's an hour away, which also means an hour back (2 hr drive). I didn't want to put him out so I was hoping there was a closer member.

Zip # 32169

For those that were following this thread, I ended up going to Florida and viewing the car and working the deal from there. I helped load the car onto the transport Friday and hopefully it will arrive today due to a long weekend in Canada.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Transport advised they're at least four hours away so I'm not sure if you want night shots or better shots tomorrow morning. They need to drop off two other cars before coming here.

I would take pics at delivery while the Vette is being unloaded from the truck... make sure somebody captures the huge grin on your face :lol: