Air cond.for 69 vette

COLE SWEAT

For sale ac system has a new compressor that was never used also some of the lines
Does not include controls or condenser. Some of the ductwork either
I am converting to vintage air

Last edited:
Every time I read about these "conversions" I ask myself why.
Essentially the same size condenser, the same size evap core, the same condenser that cooled the 2 seat cockpit of a Corvette cooled a 6 seat Chevy Impala, & most of a 9 seat Chevy Station Wagon but it's not good enough today. The biggest problem I have noticed is the original evap cores have a majority of FINS clogged with insects, leaf debris, detritus & all manner of organic matter - so no cold air can pass thru. BWTHDIK

Every time I read about these "conversions" I ask myself why.
Essentially the same size condenser, the same size evap core, the same condenser that cooled the 2 seat cockpit of a Corvette cooled a 6 seat Chevy Impala, & most of a 9 seat Chevy Station Wagon but it's not good enough today. The biggest problem I have noticed is the original evap cores have a majority of FINS clogged with insects, leaf debris, detritus & all manner of organic matter - so no cold air can pass thru. BWTHDIK
Had nothing to do with the way it worked
It worked good. Problem was it took up too much space under the hood and my big block needs the space

Ohhhh I see - just get rid of it all

pssssst - my 1967 427 AC & my 1969 427 AC all fit poifectly - but I am not familiar with bigger big blocks