A/F ratio meters

Yup had one..it's dead and their warranty sucks. The problem is you have to route the wires along the car to get to the control box. When you do that, eventually a wire will fry on the exhaust since on most cars there is no room and on cars you're uning the exhaust runs pretty damn hot some times. So they have a little POS control box that is NOT protected for a burned through wire! It simply shorts the thing out and it's dead as a doorknob. Exit some 600 dollars + shipping + tax. Their warranty is "buy another unit" tnx for the ehads up though reminds me..they still have my spare sensors as I sent them the whole fricken case.

Did I tell you that POS is hard to read when actually drivig a car? Get an analog gauge or the innovatibe LC1, it requires a laptop but if you're done, you unplug the laptop and have no gauge aywhere....you coul even simplu remove the control box. It DOES do logging, the fast thing does not. I think one is paying for the spiffy case.

well. that is a big bummer.

wait a minute. i went back to the FAST site. and it says, it has built in data logging.

Last edited:
I have an innovative unit. It's standalone as well. I put the oxygen bung on the exhaust header on the right which has the most room. I had to put it almost straight up or at a very slight angle vs straight (something like 15°) because there was so limited space with the engine and firewall in that location. The wire is running straight up the top of the engine, where I intend to run it through the firewall with the additional grommit I put in the side of the pedal housing. Everything so far is good.

I stil need and extension wire though. Will have to go to DIYAUTOTUNE for that. Those guys are actually pretty good and decent.

http://www.diyautotune.com/

As a note on warranty I will say this : warranty in the US really sucks. In the EU the manufacturers are forced by law to give at least 2 years...

well. that is a big bummer.

wait a minute. i went back to the FAST site. and it says, it has built in data logging.

Yea, well you can record and playback on the device itself, which means staring at a little screen where a set of bars jump iolently and a little number is chancing so fast it's illegible.

I have an innovative unit. It's standalone as well. I put the oxygen bung on the exhaust header on the right which has the most room. I had to put it almost straight up or at a very slight angle vs straight (something like 15°) because there was so limited space with the engine and firewall in that location. The wire is running straight up the top of the engine, where I intend to run it through the firewall with the additional grommit I put in the side of the pedal housing. Everything so far is good.

I stil need and extension wire though. Will have to go to DIYAUTOTUNE for that. Those guys are actually pretty good and decent.

As a note on warranty I will say this : warranty in the US really sucks. In the EU the manufacturers are forced by law to give at least 2 years...

Years ago when battling that bad roller cam in my engine, I tried the Megasquirt 2 computer system, never did get it to work right, I finally gave up, the largest problem was the stupid old 9 pin D connector they apparently STILL use to connect to any other computer, will not talk through the adapter boxes, I finally gave up and sold it to one of the guys on CF at the time, got some of my money back, so in NO way can I support anyone buying one of those systems....best of luck if you do.....

:mad::tth:

Years ago when battling that bad roller cam in my engine, I tried the Megasquirt 2 computer system, never did get it to work right, I finally gave up, the largest problem was the stupid old 9 pin D connector they apparently STILL use to connect to any other computer, will not talk through the adapter boxes, I finally gave up and sold it to one of the guys on CF at the time, got some of my money back, so in NO way can I support anyone buying one of those systems....best of luck if you do.....

It's not about MS Gene. It's about the Innovate wideband O2

It's not about MS Gene. It's about the Innovate wideband O2

Gene = thread highjacker extraordinaire!!

IN a way yes, but note the same company I dealt with is mentioned above....and comments about service support seem to align with my experiences.....
:nuts:

I just installed an Innovate Lc-1 in my car. I put the bung in the left header collector and installed the gauge where the clock used to sit. It seems to work ok.. and comes with a serial cable and software to do data logging with a laptop. It was about $160.

IMG00207-20121108-1947.jpg

I just installed an Innovate Lc-1 in my car. I put the bung in the left header collector and installed the gauge where the clock used to sit. It seems to work ok.. and comes with a serial cable and software to do data logging with a laptop. It was about $160.

Can you get this unit with 2 sensors, so you can read both banks at the same time?

Can you get this unit with 2 sensors, so you can read both banks at the same time?

No, this one is only for one bank at a time. They make some other multi-input data loggers and stuff that would probably work for what you're trying to do.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTS.php

I will take a look at the link. would like to find a good dual sensor unit as a tuning aid. but i want it to be portable,so i can use it on other vehicles.