@ 69427 alu wheels

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
weren't you looking for an idea on larger stock looking alu wheels??? Found the pics

8924b0de672b2104.jpg

a photoshop of the car with those wheels, they were mounted but groovyjay "lowered" the car to complete the look
ytk.jpg
[/QUOTE]

There's also this one:

250eca690314fa.jpg

weren't you looking for an idea on larger stock looking alu wheels??? Found the pics

8924b0de672b2104.jpg

a photoshop of the car with those wheels, they were mounted but groovyjay "lowered" the car to complete the look
ytk.jpg

There's also this one:

250eca690314fa.jpg[/QUOTE]

Interesting.
So what's the story behind these wheels?
I particularly like the proportions of the wheels on the black car.

I love that white vette, if I ever see it on the street, I going to swap wheels when he not looking......:friends::crutches:

The black vette looks too much like chrome, and for some reason, I have never liked chrome wheels, looks like overkill to me....:hi:

Who makes these wheels?

I need some wheels for the 70. Can take 5 inch backspace on the rear wheels since I have offset trailing arms. I'm primarily interested in 18 inch wheels, particularly for the rear wheels. Could go with 17 inches on the front wheels. So far, I'm targeted in at American Racing Torque Thrust 2 wheel since they're pretty economical. 18 inch wheels, 5 inch backspace, 9.5 inch rim widths.

It looks like the black ones are 17's and I thought I remembered the ones on the white car were 19's?
IIRC the black ones were factory centers cut out and welded in a double step lip barrel. Not 100% sure on that but it sure looks like it from the pics

Urs 17s are factory centers welded to new barrels, the 19s are complete 1 off. I like the 19s

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

those deep dish 17" on the black Vette are awesome..... I have a good set of 15" stockers in the garage and would cut them up to get a set of these, I'm afraid I don't want to know how much rewelding and machining is..... not that I'm cheap LOL..... :smash:

Up in the DC region, long ago, there was a wheel shop that repaired a broken mag from a friend's wrecked shark, the car was seldom driven on the street but it got hit pretty hard anyway.....it was properly fixed and so the wheel was busted into several major chunks, and this place just TIG it all back together like new.....

I remember visiting the place once, getting some wheel work done on one of my cars, and they could change rim size on any wheel center, to say it was a krazy operation would be a under statement....all the wheels came out looking new.....they were in fact new.....

:bounce:

those deep dish 17" on the black Vette are awesome..... I have a good set of 15" stockers in the garage and would cut them up to get a set of these, I'm afraid I don't want to know how much rewelding and machining is..... not that I'm cheap LOL..... :smash:

Same here. I've got several spare wheels that wouldn't hurt my feelings to get cut up and rewelded to match those on the black car, but I am cheap, and the cost for the amount of work required to construct wheels that pretty has to be painfully high.