64 Coupe Ram Jet 502

Roarvette

I am picking up here with the answers to some questions regarding my different systems in my car.
The brake booster is a small dual system. Makes room for valve covers but with 13-14 inches of vacuum it doesn't have a lot of reserve vacuum. So I'm in the process of installing an electric vacuum pump and hopefully will get back some power brakes.
As far as the power steering system is concerned, it is an early steroids and the pump doesn't squeal at all. The system is quiet and I have zero complaints.
The AC system is a medium sized Vintage Air System. I have made all the ducting and it works just fine.
The radiator is a Ron Davis custom made 4" thick dual fan set up. Car can sit in 90 degree heat with AC on idling for as long as you want with 195 water temperature.

:drink::drink: Sweet ride, love some pix.....

maybe I can get ambitious again....

:gurney:

Makes room for valve covers but with 13-14 inches of vacuum it doesn't have a lot of reserve vacuum. So I'm in the process of installing an electric vacuum pump and hopefully will get back some power brakes.

Where did you decide to install the vacuum pump. As you say, not much room in in these old cars. I decided to weld a plate on top of the middle bumper brace to install the pump and its relay. Plan to mount the dual Spal fan relays there also

1754b66a7146b76.jpg

1754b66ad892a48.jpg

Got rid of the vacuum power brakes with a hydroboost system. Haven't driven it yet, but the PS Saginaw hydraulic pump that I have was designed to support the hydroboost on stock GM vehicles. With a little bit of luck, the hydroboost power brakes will operate just like the vacuum power brakes. Complaints about hydroboost conversions is that they are way too sensitive...it's too easy to lock up the brakes. The hydroboost systems were sold on stock GM cars and worked just like the vacuum brakes as far as sensitivity goes..this is what I've read. I've bought a Saginaw PS pump that was sold for GM vehicles equipped with hydroboost and hopefully it'll be OK.

The hydroboost system provides more engine room for big block valve covers. The large vacuum canisters for the PB are gone, also low engine vacuum problems, due to a large overlap cam, are non existent.

Last edited:
The radiator is a Ron Davis custom made 4" thick dual fan set up. Car can sit in 90 degree heat with AC on idling for as long as you want with 195 water temperature.

I'd like some more info on the Ron Davis fan set up. Can I just Google Ron Davis and AC, etc? Website address? Thanks

I'd like some more info on the Ron Davis fan set up. Can I just Google Ron Davis and AC, etc? Website address? Thanks