2007 GM paper on oil

Good article. Thanks for posting !

Methinks it's a FUNNY article, as I quit believing all the oil stories some decades ago....

and STILL that Roller TPIS ZZ9 cam wore out after a year and gave me grief for years, before finally changing it out.....Pix are here online, it looks like someone put sandpaper on it....more pits than a highway.....

Good article. Thanks for posting !

Methinks it's a FUNNY article, as I quit believing all the oil stories some decades ago....

and STILL that Roller TPIS ZZ9 cam wore out after a year and gave me grief for years, before finally changing it out.....Pix are here online, it looks like someone put sandpaper on it....more pits than a highway.....

I doubt your issue was oil related. Roller cams don't care about ZDDP like flat tappet cams.

Your ZZ9 wasn't even a billet core, looked more like a austempered core. I have 4 TPIS cams, all were billet, all have a goldish copper hue between the lobes and a pressed on cast gear. IMO a bearing steel roller wheel on a roller lifter rolling on a cast core is trouble waiting to happen. Not 1% convinced yours is a real TPIS cam.

24ea87725d27d6.jpg

24ea8772641125.jpg

24ea877268d354.jpg

24ea9ca6122cbf.jpg

TT, the guy I bought the short block from, UNassembled, said he thought that then hot lick ZZ9 cam was great, heard many good things about it....I had heard of TPIS years earlier, so got in contact over the web/phone and ordered one.....

it came from TPIS with all the paperwork and card and shit....

it was engraved ZZ9 with a dremel tool, and I questioned that with the guy just before returning it, he said most of the older ones were engraved at their shop to keep inventory straight....I thought it sub standard, and
when questioning it, the guy said send it back for examination,

when coming from TPIS with their cam cards and shit, that I think I photographed somewhere in this complaint....it's a TPIS product....sorry man, I stand by my ground on this one, TPIS and Myron and go to HELL.....

all them years wondering WTF that engine ran like shit at idle....to find out that in FACT I have been fighting a bad ROLLER CAM.....Who the FUCK would ever figger that?? the L98 cam you supplied is still in there idle smooth as silk at 650-700 rpm not a lick/hint of troubles...all I did was get the chip tuner to supply a L98 tune to the old speed density computer....

:sos::suicide: