1971 Skylark Convertible

Looks nice! But why the ground wire going to the choke? Doesn't it ground through the carb?

It does ground through the carb, but not directly through the body, it goes through the choke linkage. I was watching it make little sparks through the linkage one day and thought it might be a good idea to install the ground wire.

DV8, no matter how, who what, one way or another you have a strange, serious grounding problem on that install.....makes no sense to me how that happens......I would hope you know how to use a DVM and have one to check out WTF is going on.....hate to hear you lose a car over this shit.....

:ill::gurney:

Looks nice! But why the ground wire going to the choke? Doesn't it ground through the carb?

It does ground through the carb, but not directly through the body, it goes through the choke linkage. I was watching it make little sparks through the linkage one day and thought it might be a good idea to install the ground wire.

DV8, no matter how, who what, one way or another you have a strange, serious grounding problem on that install.....makes no sense to me how that happens......I would hope you know how to use a DVM and have one to check out WTF is going on.....hate to hear you lose a car over this shit.....

:ill::gurney:

It's why I put in the ground wire - supplement it and provide a good solid ground.

The hot wire is directly connected to the thermostatic spring
The thermostatic spring is connected to the choke linkage and in turn to the carb. body
The choke linkage was the path to ground and because it had loosely fitting moving parts it was a poor ground, thus the additional ground wire.

Looks like it was originally a hot air choke. Those have gaskets between the choke housing and carb. You need to remove those if you switch to an electric choke so it will ground properly.

So now I have both the electric choke with the hot air stove pipe. I repaired the heat stove with some flexible copper tubing and some compression fittings. The choke works great now.
I recently installed a 6 way power seat track on the drivers side bucket seat. The donor power seat track came off of a mid to late 90's Camaro-Firebird. It was almost a direct bolt in to the seat frame. I had to fabricate a metal housing to hold the power seat switch in place on the bucket seat apron but that was almost all the custom work that was needed.:smash: The only other issue I had was the back of the seat tracks were low and wanted to dig in to the carpet. A few shims took care of that little problem. The amount of travel from the 6 way seat track exceeds the original so now I can have a ton of leg room or nearly press my face against the windshield if I want to. I also got a dual exhaust and had a set of Bilstein shocks installed on all four corners.

Good old A bodies, especially the rag tops.....gotta love them.....I used to have a Lemand Sport rag top, that I updated to modern specs across the board.....

pull a boat up a 10% grade like it was nothing......:clap: