barn find

redvetracr

parked in here between the corn planter and the manure spreader I found this chassis with a lightweight body, Lincoln Continental/Kelsey Hayes front calipers, Guldstrand 5-link (which will be for sale soon), lightweight firewall and half floor and a killer roll cage. I plan to rebody it as a 69
IMG_3888.jpg
IMG_3900.jpg
IMG_3899.jpg
IMG_3898.jpg

Last edited:
As you have time - wonder if you could share some pics of the
...lightweight firewall and half floor and a killer roll cage.

Sounds like a great find. Congratulations what a happy new year!

Cheers - Jim

Lightweight body as in no body? :confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

no it`s there behind the car in the first pic, it`s an old SCCA legal Greenwood style wide body front, 78-82 coupe rear with L-88 flares, lightweight hood & t-top panel.

ohhh - now it sounds even more interesting - surprising you'd not race in Greenwood-style - complete with 5-link. Guess you'd need to find the rear clip I suppose.

Has the rear section been "Tubbed"? Is that legit in vintage? - Or are those just "inner fenders"?

ohhh - now it sounds even more interesting - surprising you'd not race in Greenwood-style - complete with 5-link. Guess you'd need to find the rear clip I suppose.

Has the rear section been "Tubbed"? Is that legit in vintage? - Or are those just "inner fenders"?

with a pre 73 body and L-88 flares it runs with all the other Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs, AC Cobras and some Jaguars in group-6, with the widebody nose and 78-82 rear clip it races in the slicks and wings class (gr-10) and would be uncompetitive, which (in my opinion) is not fun. aluminum inner fenders, not sure if they are staying but someone went to a lot of trouble to do a bunch of pretty nice aluminum work behind the driver all the way to where the back window would be.

You're doing it as a 69. I'm keeping my 78 rear clip - I could be interested in
...the aluminum inner fenders, and ...the pretty nice aluminum work behind the driver all the way to where the back window...
Likewise my interest in the firewall mods and floor.
Just finishing my chassis - and hope in next few weeks to dry fit the body - minus windows and floors. We can work "off thread."

Cheers - Jim

For someone wanting to get started vintage racing, that will be a great platform to start with.

Last edited:
the firewall and front half of the floor are not modified factory pieces they were built as lightweight replicas.

IMG_3889.jpg
IMG_3896.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a fuel cell gasoline tank. Looks big. Gravity fed fuel system? Fuel pump back there to feed the engine?

the car started life with a 32gal ATL fuel cell mounted below the frame rail, that foam filled plastic 20gal tank you see will be sold. It appears someone either drove it on the street or was in the process of converting it for street use hence the plastic tank with a sending unit and fuel level gauge in the dash (make that the old dash made from 1/4" thick aluminum complete with a speedometer, a flasher wired in and a cutout for a radio & CD player complete with an antenna wire) ...I know the builder, the first owner and I know the guy he sold it to but haven`t spoken to him yet (he just resold it) and the last two owners (neither of which did much of anything with it) whoever raced it after the first guy (who sadly only raced it once) and the street guy are still a mystery....