ZZ4 oil leak

zz71s

I have a oil leak on the front of my zz4.
I have not quite found exactly were the oil is coming from.
I have replaced the pan gasket and the stock timing chain cover with a new zz4 timing chain cover still have a leak.
The oil looks like it is coming fron the pan gasket under the timing chain cover.
What is the secret for the pan gasket
This is not the first time I have replaced the pan gasket I installe d a new cam and installed a new fel pro pan gasket then thats is when I got the oil leak this gasket I glued on with rtv and still had a leak.

Clean everything up with Brake-Kleen or something like that and then dust it with baby powder. Oil will leave a track like a spotlight so you can see exactly where it's coming from.
May be the front cover right where the lip goes to the pan. Sometimes a spot of RTV right in the corners will get it. If you replaced the front seal when you had the cover off, and drove the new seal in without packing the cavity on the back with grease, you might have dislodged the garter spring.

Have you all seen one of the zz4 timing chain covers it has built in seal no gasket and there is no spring just a rubber seal around the crank snout.
Do you all think there is a better timing chain cover.

I will trade you my oil leak for you're oil leak. i get tired of pulling the trans and the oil pan,either way they are a pain in the butt.

Have you all seen one of the zz4 timing chain covers it has built in seal no gasket and there is no spring just a rubber seal around the crank snout.
Do you all think there is a better timing chain cover.

Look carefully at the back of the seal. There will be a very tiny spring inside the seal.

Oh man I know whaat you all are talking about.
Put the car on stands remove tire knock tie rod loose remove pan bolts pull balancer pulley its lots of fun
put it all back together and it still leaks.

I guess thats hot rodding

Oh man I know whaat you all are talking about.
Put the car on stands remove tire knock tie rod loose remove pan bolts pull balancer pulley its lots of fun
put it all back together and it still leaks.

I guess thats hot rodding

Don't forget the tranny,it's has to come out also :huh:

Can't think of anything else i would rather be doing :cussing: well actually i can :amazed:

Did you put a healthy bead of sealant over these corners??
My block has it, and I remember reading its called for.

y1p0bHiEXOhISmCikfPuUPCqJNwFLMQWH3l9LKa-Re_JK-zQeXuUmPH3tesDDASnKvieloqHGOlgUXVJorcwmC3cqIByorJn5hj

Michael.