yet another new guy

stewdesignjts

Hello from the Huntsville Alabama area - my name is Jason and like a lot of the geeks in this town, i'm a mech. engineer. Just moved to the area in june, and have been surprised by the number of corvette people here.

I uploaded pictures of my past and present cars except for my new project, which i'll get up there soon: a '64 racecar that will (from the outside at least) look like a vintage b production car. It is a basketcase, and the cowl section has been sitting behind my parent's house since I was 10 or 11yrs old. I have aquired all of the body panels now, and have a rolling frame from a mid-70's that i will modify to work with the mid-year body.

While growing up, my dad would buy wrecked 63-72 corvettes, fix them to mostly stock, and always find a reason to sell it for another (did this about 20 times I think). He also did a good bit of autocrossing with the NCCC guys. He still has a 70 conv (base model) they bought new ,and a 64 roadster that used to be a racecar but looks stock now.

The other pictures show my first car - a 67 firebird conv (too rusty and slow as Christmas, which was good for a 16yr old) that I sold after keeping it 15 yrs, my 71 corvette that I reworked some and then sold to a friend, my '94 6spd z28 that I autocrossed and sold for some reason, and my current running toy: a 1948 (don't kill me) ford 2dr sedan.

It has a 94 lincoln mark8 32v 4.6 engine/trans, and a disc brake rear, etc.. It is supposed to be a 50's period car, and i'll paint it navy blue later after my kids get older and don't run into it often. The best part about it is the room to take the kids around, and my 4yr old (gearhead) has already claimed it as his.

Anyway, I'm glad you created this site/forum because it exactly up my alley as far as modifying the car with newer technology and there are a lot of racers here too. I'm especially interested in the "6 link" rear, steering, and brake updates that have been discussed recently.

thanks, jason

Hey Jase, Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen......

My first car was a '60 vette in '66, used of course....had a '87 in '92, then after 3 years switched to this '72 hotrod, done most of what you want to do, I suppose....glad to talk about your thought there....

:smash::smash::thumbs:

I finally uploaded a couple of pictures to the site, and I finally finished building my garage (except for the insulation) after 6 months and assembled the parts of my car in one place - so hold your breath and check out the picture of the amazing pile of parts.

My kids are already asking why it isn't done yet.

jason

Last edited: