Will my '69 "settle down"???

I guess vbandp is fine, I don't really care about the ball joint ordeal, my fault for installing Chinese junk

But we've gotten 2 steering boxes that are junk from van steel

And the only reasoning behind a steel spring riding better is the friction between leaves dampen the ride some

You guys seem to be forgetting I'm and idiot

Thanks for the advice guys - I'll try longer bolts and see where she ends up, but my thought is that I will end up replacing it over time. The car goes to the paint shop in a week or so and it will be be gone for 2-3 months.

I will bide my time working on the '38 Dodge while I have more garage space (I have a painless wiring kit to install in the hot rod).

I KNOW for a FACT the BJ :bs: is real, not fake, as I had a BJ here that did not even bolt onto the lower arm......and have had two sets with way in hell premature wear and was a bit disappointed in the durability of my original MOOG install from 15 years ago....

:bomb::cussing:

so that's me and Bird on two opposite ends of this dirt pile.....can't call it an 'ISOLATED' incident, now can we??:quote::twitch:

Thanks guys - Yeah, they suck all right. Now I have to spend another $360 to redo something I already did. That's the worst part of this :suicide:

I wish I had known about the TRW issues back when I bought this one (probably 2.5 years ago).

I will likely order the 300# spring kit with 8" bolts and poly bushings, Hopefully that will do the trick. But I may have to wait till after it comes back from the paint shop - I'm tapped out right now. :D[/QUOTE]

IMO the 300# is too soft - My new VB&P spring was bottoming out, I upgraded to a "light" 400# spring and added a pair of Bilstein sport shocks. Now the bottoming out is cured and the ride is nice and firm.

The rear suspension mods I made seemed to improve the way the front end feels, anybody have an explanation for why? I feel that if I add a pair of Bilsteins up front and ditch the crappy Monroes the front end feel will improve even more.