Who's the biggest guy who drives a C3?

6'4" 195 ....

You guys in the 6'3"+ range, just how much headroom do you have with the tops on?

The glass tops add a tad, but I also have soft headliner inserts that cut it back down. I leave them in for Teri, as her Lupus flairs in heat/sunlight. When I take the car out without her, I pop them out and gain 2" or so.

6' 4" 230 lbs.
Can't honesty say any more. Haven't driven the '81 yet.

Back when I was working on C3s regularly..... in my 20s.....I was 60 lbs lighter.
Getting in and out was a little cumbersome but once in I was OK...................

Heck...it's that way now with all these Built-for-Midgets cars........half the cars I
work on I have to slide the seats back and down, and raise the steering wheels
before I even attempt to get in......and it's still cumbersome.

5'8"....250 pounds. I am just short for my weight:p. Hell, I had the choice of buying a T&T steering column or take a yoga class in order to get behind the wheel. I bought the steering column. When I sit in the driver's seat I HAVE to roll the window down and let my arm hang outside the window. Otherwise, I'm "squished" in the drivers seat.

Dep

5'8"....250 pounds. I am just short for my weight:p. Hell, I had the choice of buying a T&T steering column or take a yoga class in order to get behind the wheel. I bought the steering column. When I sit in the driver's seat I HAVE to roll the window down and let my arm hang outside the window. Otherwise, I'm "squished" in the drivers seat.

Dep

Short for your weight.....:devil::D that's funny....

I"d give anything to loose that damn extra lombar vertabrae i'ts been a PIA all my 64 years....love to go just a few more years without having to duck all the time, in and outta cars is the worst....sore neck sore ass, freeking sick of it...

:crutches::(

I'm about 6"1' and 245lbs or so. Then again, I don't drive my car :D But these cars are cramped, very cramped. I drive with the window down.

I'm about 6"1' and 245lbs or so. Then again, I don't drive my car :D But these cars are cramped, very cramped. I drive with the window down.

So whaddau gunna do eventually drive it with the window down in the RAIN??

do what I did if you have to.....but your car not resembles anything we have anyway....wider seat??

still better off then ducking your head to get in and out....:ghost:

I lowered the floor, made it even more cramped by adding a cage and seats you can abrely get in and out of. I have to duck my head and climb over the cage to get in and out.

Yes, I'll drive it with the window down in the rain. Back when it was running I didn't have weatherstripping anywhere, never got to it (still have them brand in box), sure it was a little cold and wet on rainy days...but it's not too bad :) No need for a heater either with the scorching heat from the engine compartment coming into the interior.

I lowered the floor, made it even more cramped by adding a cage and seats you can abrely get in and out of. I have to duck my head and climb over the cage to get in and out.

Yes, I'll drive it with the window down in the rain. Back when it was running I didn't have weatherstripping anywhere, never got to it (still have them brand in box), sure it was a little cold and wet on rainy days...but it's not too bad :) No need for a heater either with the scorching heat from the engine compartment coming into the interior.

THAT LAST sentence....:suspicious::tomato::nuts::bonkers::flash:

When they built the C5 Vette they really did a great job of making it more "ergonomic" (shit!!! I HATE that word!!!). It is MUCH easier to get into and out of. While you still feel you are sitting very close to the ground, and you are, the ride doesn't feel rough like a C3. The seat is VERY adjustable and you don't have to be a contortionist to get behind the wheel. Do I miss my 1998 C5?...yes, very much :(
I made a BIG mistake keeping my C3 and selling the C5. Oh well....live and learn. :suicide:

When they built the C5 Vette they really did a great job of making it more "ergonomic" (shit!!! I HATE that word!!!). It is MUCH easier to get into and out of. While you still feel you are sitting very close to the ground, and you are, the ride doesn't feel rough like a C3. The seat is VERY adjustable and you don't have to be a contortionist to get behind the wheel. Do I miss my 1998 C5?...yes, very much :(
I made a BIG mistake keeping my C3 and selling the C5. Oh well....live and learn. :suicide:

I hear you man, I can't afford a newer vette, would have to seel mine first....not doing that, as then I would have to be battling all those old electrical gremlins from any ten year old car....and not going there at my age....I stay with my own problems, not someone else's.......
sorta the same reasoning I had when I sold my '87 when I got really FED UP with fixing it, instead of hotrodding it.....sold it, and bought this '72, I do it MY way and have....besides it keeps me busy with more fun type challenging projects than fixing some other screw up.....

then there is the design....I can ride down the street in a C5-6 and get almost no notices or grins/smiles....get a shark out there and I get all sorts of thumbs up....every once in a while some SUV gives he shit, but not every day.....besides, when I have wifey poo with me, I got the cute curly haired blond chick with ME.....eff em.....

:devil::devil::devil:

Hey guys, I'm down 18 pounds... 282. I can really lose it quick when I put my mind to it. On a roll......!!!

I just have to stick with it... Number One Diet Killer --- SWEETS!!!:eek::eek::eek: