Wheel dollies and jackstands ?

I'm sure we both done something worse than this. I'm sure Gene will confirm this!

HOO, ME??? I dumped a whole damn CAR once, with my floor jack UNDER the car.....gotta say, it was FUN.....:ill::gurney: almost took me apart with the jack flipping out as the car went sideways....that was just the front end....the rear was up also...note the term WAS.....

:rain:

karsten to tie the wheel dollies together you may be able to use the bracketry that you see in telephone closets. that long U channel that has holes every 1". they make it in different sizes and its galvanized and it is strong. i bet the 3/4" deep stuff will be easy to use and since its formed into a C already with rolled edges its really strong. where did you get those dollies from i am thinking of getting some for the 37 ford hotrod i am working on and do they really work for pushig the car sideways?

Bob, I have moved the car many times since I built these. They work just fine. I got them from Summit for $150 for all four - a pair of these jackstands is $12.99 at K-mart.....I still have not tied the front and rear together but I have shaken the car pretty good on these dollies and nothing broke, fell or collapsed.... I am going to add braces when I use this setup on the Vette as it's a lot heavier than the Ghia and the dollies will be further apart.

100_4344Small.jpg

IMG_0697small.jpg