What should I do with all the old gauge wires

I have a led warning light for oil pressure and one for water temp next to the appropriate gauges. The leds are VERY bright and you will notice them coming on immediately.

You can see it in my project topic.

I went to Radio Shack and bought a LOUD sonalert to wire to a circuit alerting when temp OR oil goes high/lo.....

so it's in the new instrument panel....need build the electronics yet, but need to get working on it.....

:gurney::banghead:

You can come wire my car too

I'll pay you :smash:

Howard how much for the pro comp tach, it won't really match but if the price is right it doesn't matter

Jegs sells some led warning lights, I think I might try those

Or maybe spider lights

Howard how much for the pro comp tach, it won't really match but if the price is right it doesn't matter

Or maybe spider lights

Room at the Ritz, plenty of steaks, lotsa beer, and shopping spree for my wife.....deal????

:D:devil::yahoo:

Or maybe spider lights

Room at the Ritz, plenty of steaks, lotsa beer, and shopping spree for my wife.....deal????

Sure, the ritz won't be to far of a drive from our shop, I'll have a limo pick you up

Or maybe spider lights

Sure, the ritz won't be to far of a drive from our shop, I'll have a limo pick you up

Deal, what town you in?? send first class airfare....for two....

You the fellow who sold some HBoost units for around 100 bux each some time ago....?? have any left?? Rich, Cherry...needs one....

:D

Yeah I have a few sitting in my garage right now

Listed on ebay also

$85 delivered for the tach............I wire a Ford solenoid into the + batt cable and energize that, makes for less clutter at the starter....and don`t forget a battery cutoff switch, most (if not all) sanctioning bodies require one...
redvetracr

I think I'll try to use the stock chevy starter solenoid first because All the wires are pretty neat and there are wrapped with insulation right now

On the battery disconnect, You just hook the 1ga wire to it right? I wonder if my stock cable will be long enough

I think I'll try to do the dash like this

IMG_2694.jpg

Or this, but I'll put the stock passenger side dash panel on

DSC02221.JPG

Edit: basically this

48-Interior.jpg

Or this

corvette5.jpg

Last edited:
All of those look great. Not to get off track, but what kind of steering wheels are those? I hate my 15" stocker and have been looking around for something a little smaller with a thicker grip that is direct bolt on without a kit.

$85 delivered for the tach............I wire a Ford solenoid into the + batt cable and energize that, makes for less clutter at the starter....and don`t forget a battery cutoff switch, most (if not all) sanctioning bodies require one...
redvetracr

I think I may look into the ford solenoid now

And the tach seems like a good price

Those gagelites are the same as the rebco warning lights (available from summit) We used those on V-Twins car, but we only used the switches, not the senders (or the crappy connectors ;) ) and hooked those up to LEDs.

Uh oh the oil temp guages sender is only 24" on the gauge I bought