What should I do for a career

You can always pay them back too

Like getting a loan without getting ripped off

My Dad gave me some solid advice when I was your age. He encouraged me to develop a plan, get a college degree suggesting I become a MD or a Dentist. He also told me to choose a mate with the future in mind, suggesting that there were plenty of wealthy women out there, good looking ones to boot.

With my young "know it all" attitude, I dismissed the medical field thinking that was just a bunch of high paid technicians with a good memory dispensing pills and filling cavities. Probably a big mistake..... Anyway, I wanted to go where the brains were. Chemical, or Electrical engineering. Well, I opted for EE landing a job at an Aerospace company. Going on 40 years designing and managing Weapons programs. Not rich by today's standards but good enough.

As far as marrying rich, I failed miserably. Got a "good looking" school nurse who takes pretty good care of me.....in many ways :devil:

So, bottom line, Develop a strategy that will meet your desires incorporating a few fall back alternatives , execute it religiously and don't wonder through life taking what ever happens to fall in your lap.

Just wish my wife had come from a rich family.......;)

Bullshark

Last edited:
I guess you could get a degree in post whore, and spend your life drinking beer and having your car washed at Hooter's. :bonkers:
Now THERE'S a future.:D

:lol:

But it seems that job position is already taken

I also just remembered that my dads good friend happens to be the VP of food lion

Wonder if that could lead to anything, I'd definately have to get a job at a grocery store and work my self up first though

I guess you could get a degree in post whore, and spend your life drinking beer and having your car washed at Hooter's. :bonkers:

I bet he graduated summa_CUM_laude......just think the douche_bag even gives this latin phrase a whole new meaning......

hey vette_volts....:harhar:..........now run back and tell your butt pirate buddy I`m typing about him again.....
:evil:

I bet he graduated summa_CUM_laude......just think the douche_bag even gives this latin phrase a whole new meaning......

hey vette_volts....:harhar:..........now run back and tell your butt pirate buddy I`m typing about him again.....
:evil:

I think d_b is keeping a close eye on you Howard:twitch: you better watch the back door :crap:

when-i-grow-up.jpg

Nurse
Nurse Practitioner
Physician Assistant
Pharmacist
Doctor
Dentist
CPA
Lawyer

hmmmm....so many choices and you want to pursue Food Lion?

I don't think parents have any obligation to buy a car or fancy clothes or other toys but an education is fundamental for survival.

Wow, I actually agree with you on something for once. And no, my parents did not buy my car or tools for me - I did that myself.