What is your choice?

Which engine would you choose?

• Ford Triton V8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DJ Dep

refugee from the other place
Since there is talk of possible mergers of the "big 3", we could be looking at a whole new C9 Corvette. Maybe a Triton V8 or a Mopar HEMI. :amazed:

What would be your preference?

From what I read, neither one is good as the LS engines...

only other option would be come V6 turbo as standard issue, one each....

:smash::twitch:

LS engines may very well go the way of the dinosaur. If GM goes into Chapter 11 you can bet the Vette and it's engine will be gone. If there's a merger, no way they are gonna make 2 or 3 performance engines. Not economically sound. And if Ford or Chrysler comes out as controlling entity, the Vette may be killed completely.

That whole damn mess is such a cluster fuck, I have NO idea how in hell any of it will turn out.....

and I really HATE the idea of that damn bunch of puddy lawyers in PC DC running the auto industry.....

talk about getting screwed....we all be walking then.....

:bomb::smash::crap:

LS engines may very well go the way of the dinosaur. If GM goes into Chapter 11 you can bet the Vette and it's engine will be gone. If there's a merger, no way they are gonna make 2 or 3 performance engines. Not economically sound. And if Ford or Chrysler comes out as controlling entity, the Vette may be killed completely.

Nope. Putting a Hemi in a Vette? Re engineering would be more expensive than keeping the car unchanged.
The specialty cars will stay, the mainstream cars will be merged. Why have 12 minivans or SUV's?

Nope. Putting a Hemi in a Vette? Re engineering would be more expensive than keeping the car unchanged.
The specialty cars will stay, the mainstream cars will be merged. Why have 12 minivans or SUV's?

Uncle Sammie, or Barry O and the Dems who are running things, all want GREEN cars that go slow and get stupendous economy while running on biofuels and batteries. The specialty cars will be dead sooner than later.

The only merger that "may" happen is GM/Chrysler. But the only reason for that would be for GM to get Jeep. The rest of Chrysler, including engines and trucks, would be deep sixed.

tom...

Oh I'm not worried. It's a win-win either way. The Chevy-engined Vettes will be worth more. And I think the hemi-engined Vettes will end up being faster than the current ones. A Triton-engined Vette will be hilarious to see. :D
GM is in the worst condition of the big 3. I doubt you will see any merger where GM comes out on top. A "restructure" would mean adios to any luxury cars, or the return of smallers ones like that weird Cadillac Cimarron they used to make. ANY car with a V8 would be GONE. As Gene said, a V6 or 4-banger would be more likely.

Last edited:
I'm not going to worry about it,because there is not a damm thing i can do about it.

:withstupid: I can't afford the one we have let alone a new one.
By the time it's all said and done they'll be making them out of Tupperware. :bounce:

I'm not going to worry about it,because there is not a damm thing i can do about it.

:withstupid: I can't afford the one we have let alone a new one.
By the time it's all said and done they'll be making them out of Tupperware. :bounce:

Stupid :cussing: oh well at least we agree on one thing,can't afford the ones we have now :quote:
:lol:

Hey if you want some more stickers i have a bag full that i have been collecting all summer if you want them,PM me you're addy and you can have them.