well you know how one thing leads to another

DARROW 74

Well as some of you know I have a new car. So I started checking a little deeper and found that a lot of nuts and bolts were not more then hand tight. Well being the way I am I wanted it done right so this is where I am at. So I though seeing as I like working on them as much as I like driving them I would go over some small jobs to freshen it up a bit ( what the hell did I do)
I hope the attatchments work.

Attachments

• 71 all 024 (Medium).jpg
    71 all 024 (Medium).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 71 remove check and repair 002 (Medium).jpg
    71 remove check and repair 002 (Medium).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 71 remove check and repair 003 (Medium).jpg
    71 remove check and repair 003 (Medium).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 71 remove check and repair 001 (Medium).jpg
    71 remove check and repair 001 (Medium).jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 29
If that's your idea of a "little deeper", I don't want to know what you consider a "major overhaul"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused::confused:

What happened? A few loose nuts and bolts and you had to move the engine out of the way to tighten them.....

Judging by the pics, it is a clean car...no rust. Interior looks as if it is (or was) in good shape. Been a while since I saw a carpeted dash pad.

What happened? A few loose nuts and bolts and you had to move the engine out of the way to tighten them.....

Judging by the pics, it is a clean car...no rust. Interior looks as if it is (or was) in good shape. Been a while since I saw a carpeted dash pad.

Well I found things that were not right and I did want to rebuild the motor.
I am glad I did take it apart I found a lot of problems that would have caused problems on a long run. Mostly loose bolts and the motor was in need of a rebuild also the A/C had things living in the open pipes. This car was taken apart then slapped back togeather by a person that was in a hurry or was very weak. All of the vacuum lines are wrong. And a lot of the electrical is not hooked up. Anyway no sense in bitching.
The motor and trans I am installing came out of the 74, I brought it back to stock and will use it untill I get the orginal motor rebuilt. And that may be a while because I want to get the 73 done and sold then I will get back to this one. And will be getting rid of a lot of parts.........Well I added pictures of my progress.

Attachments

• 71 remove check and repair 001 (Medium).jpg
    71 remove check and repair 001 (Medium).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 71 remove check and repair 002 (Medium).jpg
    71 remove check and repair 002 (Medium).jpg
    104 KB · Views: 8
  • 71 remove check and repair 003 (Medium).jpg
    71 remove check and repair 003 (Medium).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 71 remove check and repair 004 (Medium).jpg
    71 remove check and repair 004 (Medium).jpg