Weighed the 76!

BlackBetty

Since the alignment rack was full at the tire shop, I decided to pull over to the co-op and get weighed. Several of my friends have used the scales and confirmed their accuracy. 3010 pounds with half a tank of gas. I will be shedding even more weight when I get rid of all the bumper supports here in the next few weeks. Hopefully I can dip into the 2800+ range

The only scales I knew of close enough told me 3300 lbs for my '72 vert....

I don't understand why so heavy, true it's a auto 200 4r tranny, but aluminum radiator, aluminum heads/induction, headers....plastic spring, cant see why so heavy....

:flash: and here you are with a later model, and are lighter, makes NO sense...

2004 5.3L (lm4) -Aluminum block w/AC!
T56 six speed
VBP performance plus suspension
Wilwood SL4 calipers/dynalites
Rack and Pinion
Aluminum Radiator
17" Billet aluminum wheels
Killer headlights-electric motor instead of vacuum
No spare tire
Full interior/with two layers of sound/heat insulation

Gonna see even more weight drop when I convert to a 73 rear body clip and remove and modify the front bumper vacuum tube and brackets.

2004 5.3L (lm4) -Aluminum block w/AC!
T56 six speed
VBP performance plus suspension
Wilwood SL4 calipers/dynalites
Rack and Pinion
Aluminum Radiator
17" Billet aluminum wheels
Killer headlights-electric motor instead of vacuum
No spare tire
Full interior/with two layers of sound/heat insulation

Gonna see even more weight drop when I convert to a 73 rear body clip and remove and modify the front bumper vacuum tube and brackets.

My compliments! I always enjoy seeing a car with some decent mechanical upgrades. Any pictures of the headlight actuator mods?

I plan on doing a comprehensive post of my swap in the next few days. Probably get around to it Sunday. Ill keep you updated. Its gonna be a BIG post :bounce: