Very likely to be my last winter in NW Illinois

Florida was one of my top choices actually. I have a friend that moved to Winter Haven last August and keeps telling me to move there to, but my wife said no way.

Now is a good time to show her FL, weather is perfect from Oct-May. So how did your buddy enjoy his first Florida summer ? August/Sept was pretty hot this year.....

Florida was one of my top choices actually. I have a friend that moved to Winter Haven last August and keeps telling me to move there to, but my wife said no way.

Now is a good time to show her FL, weather is perfect from Oct-May. So how did your buddy enjoy his first Florida summer ? August/Sept was pretty hot this year.....

Having visited the previous Feb, I moved here 5/24/97......that summer, was the very first time in my life that I felt WARM WATER in a thunderstorm.....age 53 at the time, and I about flipped out....put on my bathing trunks and stood in the rain with a bar of soap in my hand....

the pain relief from arthritis was VERY nice, for about 7 years, but sure enough, the aches are back....but WTF, should have lived here all my life, probably be healthy now....

snow HURTS, :gurney::ill::banghead:

He liked it and said he just drank plenty of beer to keep cool. Although I think he spent a lot of time inside those months because a fork lift ran over his foot in the beginning of August at work and really messed it up.

Wife said no way on Florida right from the start. I had her close to going to Texas or Arizona, but after thinking about it she decided that Those states were to far of a drive for coming back to visit.

He liked it and said he just drank plenty of beer to keep cool. Although I think he spent a lot of time inside those months because a fork lift ran over his foot in the beginning of August at work and really messed it up.

Wife said no way on Florida right from the start. I had her close to going to Texas or Arizona, but after thinking about it she decided that Those states were to far of a drive for coming back to visit.

When the kids were old enough to fly to see the old man, alone, I decided to move south/somewhere....but the flights are like 5 hrs to anywhere like NM/AZ/etc.....I know the dry/hot weather is better,

and having visited there a few years ago...my sis is outside Santa Fe....I gotta admit the sky at night is something so grandly/totally different than anything else on earth.....UN BEE FREEKING LEAVE ABLE.....

no wonder many relatives of my folks yet, moved there,.....

them high plains are another world....

:drink::shocking::search::idea: