Vacuum!

6-71

Can anyone tell me how to get a vacuum feed for my brake servo? I've got a 6-71 blown engine and the carb mounting/spacer plates don't provide a good take off for a servo pipe! Is there another way of doing it? :search:
Also where should I route the crank breather fumes?
Thanks

How efficient is the electric vacuum pump? ...is it a better option than the Hydro boost? Thanks

Most people who are using these have a pressure switch set at 18-20 inches of vacuum so that it dosen't cycle everytime you hit the brakes. If you plumbed it into the vacuum tank in a C3, that would help buffer the vacuum to the booster.

These things are lighter than a hydroboost and easier to install. I found mine on Ebay for about $30.

There are some kits that go for $200 plus and all I have seen use a 12VDC Gast vacuum pump that is used in ambulances. I'll try to find the number of that pump, brand new it sells for less than $100.

There will be vacuum above the blower and below the carb. drill and tap for a fitting or get a carb spacer with provisions for the fitting. What cam are you running? Whats your idle vacuum?

I rout my crank vent to the base of the air cleaner so at WOT I still have a small amont of vacuum to control the vapors.

Neal

Hi, sorry for the delay, it's an hydraulic Comp Cams supercharger cam in it.
Do you have any problems with oil & the carbs? Not sure what the idle vacuum is, I'll try and find out.
Thanks

Last edited:
no issues with oil in the carb but I'm not supercharged.

You may build more pressure in the crank case being supercharged, a good number of members run with breathers on the valve covers to vent the crank case.

Neal