Tv Cable To The 700r4

DARROW 74

Is there any books on setting up a tv cable on 700 r4 TO A quad carb.
I am in the process of installing the rebuilt hp 87, 700 r4 in my small block 73. and need all the info I CAN GET ON IT.
Thanks

I see a lot on the net but 1ST hand is better.

The biggest problem is finding a tranny cable mount that fits on the carb to back holes, and takes that ~1" square hole.....on the motor home, I found a leftover piece in my scrap bin, and the home came with a th350 kickdown cable mounted way back on the intake, as I recall, I combined the two and it was easy from that standpoint....the cable adapter was just using a flat post with a groove in it, never has missed a beat...

junkyard is your best friend...:sos::stirpot:

radius

I like this article from Jake's Performance as it has all the information on one page.

http://www.jakesperformance.com/TV_Cable_Setup_Info.html

and I found this page showing a modified Quadrajet linkage with homemade brackets.

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/techinfo/700R4p7.html

Thanks
jake's is very informative and I have seen the other one. Its good too.
I wonder what would be the best bracket to use I see a lot, One time I thought I saw a adaptor that bolted to the carb and would give you the
radius that is needed has anyone else seen one?

wouldn't it be easier to just take a throttle shaft from a 84-87 f-body carb and put it in your earl quadrajet then simply use the 84-84 TV cable bracket?

its not hard at all...just spend $75 and BTO will send you what they sent me....a new base plate with bracket for throttle and TV cable and the cam assembly for the linkage....do you need pictures? i am using the BTO TV spring and set up

its not hard at all...just spend $75 and BTO will send you what they sent me....a new base plate with bracket for throttle and TV cable and the cam assembly for the linkage....do you need pictures? i am using the BTO TV spring and set up

34fa8795a4410d.jpg

wouldn't it be easier to just take a throttle shaft from a 84-87 f-body carb and put it in your earl quadrajet then simply use the 84-84 TV cable bracket?

One problem with that is the screws that hold the throttle plates are staked after they're installed. Getting them out and being able to reuse them or the throttle shaft is about a 50-50 shot. I've cut the thottle lever arm off a carb that had a fire and bolted it on to the carb I wanted to use.