TT, Is your Camaro Done?

No, that's my buddies. He ripped off my BMW wheels idea and got some 18s (he's a copycat, he got that car after I got mine, also a hardtop coupe 350..whata douche LOL). I have 19s. His is an 88 350 hardtop, mine's an 87.

Mine's in this state LOL :D

24b81c2a08f56c.jpg

24b48f2ca7b0eb.jpg

24b89970c370b8.jpg

I really like those wheels on the 'maro. Looks like it lowered a bit?

I had 17 inch Ronals on mine and I lowered it with a Herb Adams kit that moved the lower balljoint up with spacers added to the strut towers. I had a real hard time with tire lead on uneven pavement after that but it looked cool!

His is stock height, mine will be like this:

24a64c02f7f9ba.jpg

The Ronals like on the Firehawks? I like those too but they are rare and non existent here where Bimmer wheels are plentiful.

Never heard of that Adams kit, it moved the lower BJ up? I have koni adjustables on mine and J&M mounts for increased caster & camber settings.

Mine has tracking issues too, the suspension is real snappy, great for auto x and such but man does it wander and pull in ruts and crappy roads. On bumpy back roads (like in Germany where the streets look like patchwork) it's a real handful. I'm hoping it'll improve somewhat. The white 88 has much better road manners, there's only 50K miles on that one.

The Herb Adams kit was a steel cup that you welded upside down to the lower A-arm. It moved the ball joint up I think about an inch. Then you put spacers on the strut tower supports so that the struts wouldn't bottom out. I could never get it aligned so that it wasn't darty on uneven roads. I think I screwed with alignment but with that strut suspension, there was only so much that could be done. I changed from 245mm to 225mm tires and that seemed to help the most. I had that car from 1984 to 1990, so my recall might be a little fuzzy.

The Ronals I had were these:

4496eb29b18e97.jpg

nice! So in effect that Herb Adams set did the same as what a set of drop spindles would do. RaceCraft makes fabbed spindles and I think Belltech is going to reproduce their old ones again too.

Going to have to look for the VSE stuff, I have an old VSE catalog somewhere.

Was yours a steel or glass hood? Were the air doors functional? (Was it a cross fire?)

I've seen those wheels referred to as penco wheels.

The drop spindles seem like a better idea than the ball joint relocation. Unless you could move the inside pivot up? Can't remember what it looks like in there.

The hood, as I recall, was aluminum. The snorkels were non functional and the engine was a L69 305HO. It ran pretty good for the time and I had a lot of fun with it.

I think I just threw my old VSE catalog out last year.

An alu hood? Those were only available on trans ams, they have a big A stamped in them. I'm pretty sure the maros only had composite hoods with functional flapper doors. You could get alu impact bars, they are pretty rare.
The alu hoods for the TAs are super rare, if you find one with the big embossed A on the front near the hood latch take it with you LOL They go for crazy money on efraud
I love that old camaro of yours, love the raw and original design of those.

The bolt pattern on those beamer wheels is 1/2 a cm off, careful, the car might explode. :harhar:

No it's not half a centimeter off. It's 120mm vs 120.65mm that's only .325 per stud ;)