Tree Sap on Paint

Jsup

Any suggestions how to get tree sap off paint? It's the MIL's car and it's sitll gummy, it hasn't gotten hard yet.

Thanks

Any suggestions how to get tree sap off paint? It's the MIL's car and it's sitll gummy, it hasn't gotten hard yet.

Thanks

Turtlewax makes a "Bug and Tar Remover."(At least they used to).
Mineral spirits also works.
Clay bar to finish up, or on hard sap.

Thanks

I have had tree sap take the paint out on two cars at two different houses, and times...leave a bad scar/fade/discoloration in the exact spot....

:(:cry:

Thanks

I have had tree sap take the paint out on two cars at two different houses, and times...leave a bad scar/fade/discoloration in the exact spot....

:(:cry:

Well, it is (was) the base material for turpentine.

Years ago my pops worked for a used car dealer. He bought a buick century at auction......was light colored......with tree sap all over it. It was the only problem with the car. After a while the dealer told him that if he could get the sap off he could have the car for the auction price.

After 2 days of trying to remove it gently, he pulled out a bottle of Booze (Johnny Walker I think)..........ater a while it took that shit off...pops got the car:rofl::rofl::waxer:

Years ago my pops worked for a used car dealer. He bought a buick century at auction......was light colored......with tree sap all over it. It was the only problem with the car. After a while the dealer told him that if he could get the sap off he could have the car for the auction price.

After 2 days of trying to remove it gently, he pulled out a bottle of Booze (Johnny Walker I think)..........ater a while it took that shit off...pops got the car:rofl::rofl::waxer:

Red Neck Engineering at it's finest....:clobbered::nuts::bump:

Always had luck with a clay bar.
Tougher if the car hasn't been waxed in a while, but I'd still
go with a clay bar.