Toyota caught cheating at NASCAR

NASCAR is boring anyways, besides road course or tracks where they crash a lot

I believe Toyota makes more cars in the US than any other manufacturer

A clip from the YAHOO link--

Jack Roush, co-owner of Roush-Fenway Racing, which fields Fords in the Nationwide Series, called the Gibbs team's actions "extremely detrimental" to the sport and was confident NASCAR will address it.

"NASCAR will figure out what they should," Roush said. "If they're going to make decisions based on parity, after they've given (Toyota) what they've given them with regard to parameters on their engine, based on flawed data that a team or the manufacturer, one of the other, had kited or shaved, that certainly is detrimental to my interests."
-end

Reading this, why is Roush still there? It looks like NASCAR is giving the farm to the Toyota camp just to get them to play.
Racing (anything), IMHO should be a run what you can get together and meet the safety requirements for the fans and the driver- fences, soft walls, cages and all that should be, and are, required. So past that, set up a cubic inch displacement limit and cut 'em loose. If they run too fast for a track, then hand them a plate, retard the timing, or whatever else it takes. Crap, make everyone run a 4.88 gear on Talledega and make it a survivor series.

Look at what NHRA is doing to the Pro Fuel classes- run 1000 feet instead of 1320- and theyre still clocking 300+

These pics below WAS Nascar.....but it ain't anymore....

An old friend...Carl Adams...look him up(Nascar Driver stats:archive)
CarlAdams.jpg

I took these at RIR...(Riverside International Raceway)1967 or so...
Oldpics016-1.jpg

Racingdays003.jpg

Yeah NASCAR is not the good ol' boy sport that it use to be,now it's the good ol' rich boy sport that corporate America took over :confused:

My friends bio:

Carl Adams (born August 3, 1942) is a NASCAR driver from National City, CA. He made 28 Winston Cup Series starts in his career. He earned five top-ten finishes and a best effort of 23rd in the 1975 points standings. Adams began racing at Cajon Speedway near San Diego, California in 1962, eventually racing concurrently in both Super Stocks and open wheel Modified Sportsman classes and winning feature events in both before moving into CRA Sprint Cars. Additionally, Adams had great success racing Super Modifieds on a Winter tour of ovals in South Africa. Adams won 3 CRA Sprint Car features before turning to the NASCAR Grand National West division in 1972. He was named GNW rookie of the year for 1972. Competed on the GNW circuit in 1973 before heading off to the premier series in 1974 and 1975.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he went to Winston Cup east,his sponsor did not kick in enough money...so he had volunteer pit crews at each track...he did manage 4 top ten finishes in 20 starts..best was 6th at Pocono....It was real tough for independents back then...today he lives in North Carolina making waterpumps Hendricks,DEI,etc in his shop...

Think I took this pic in 1966...he ran this at El Cajon Speedway for awhile...pulled it on a trailer behind an old milk truck...

55stockcar001.jpg

Last edited:
Thats true but everyone has to complain and make a big deal out of it when Toyota gets caught because it is Toyota and sooner or latter they will domanate Nascar like every other sereis they get into.

Except F1 :D where they have been trying for years and failing miserably, apparently there having the biggest budget is no guarantee for success :0 then again what do you expect, first with that overpaid backmarker Ralph Schumacher and even till today with that clown Trulli.

BTW, love the 73 torino nascar

It's ironic that Toyota wants to dominate racing.

Like that's gonna make me run out and buy a Prius or Yaris shitbox or a minivan.

They don't make anything i would be caught dead in.