Todays safety tip

You can imagine the thoughts I had. That was in the late 70s

Ohhh the 70's! I can imagine the thoughs all right, cant remember half of it.

The 70's were rough on everybody.:lol:

Yup, married, divorced, married again,

first hand flyover of the '68 riots/lootings/burnings....in a small plane....

bunch of outta control commie bastards burning cars in the streets, me wishing they came after MY car so I could run a few of them down figgering on taking out at least 50 before driving on unconcerned in the least.....

:smash::smash::thumbs:

one of my buddies was the lead undercover agent that busted the famous Dr. Spock and cronies......
his mother laughing and saying she RAISED him on Spock's book......

the infamous FBI agent who was 6 months late in interviewing me for my buddie's background check.....

Shit! That looks like the bruise that Johhny Knocksville had on his belly after being shot with one of those 12 gauge "bean bag" type rounds - seriously OUCH!!

Speaking of blood tests, I had blood taken for a cholesterol test a few months ago. Normally nurses don't have any problems drawing blood from me but this last one hurt like a bithc and left a bruise from hell!

My , I never thought that I would reach this age,,, but the old man blood blotches has caught me,,, I can't work on the cars without looking like someone worked my arms and hands over with a base ball bat. I ware them as badges of honor.

Shit! That looks like the bruise that Johhny Knocksville had on his belly after being shot with one of those 12 gauge "bean bag" type rounds - seriously OUCH!

Speaking of blood tests, I had blood taken for a cholesterol test a few months ago. Normally nurses don't have any problems drawing blood from me but this last one hurt like a bithc and left a bruise from hell!

Yeah put it this way, I danced in the garage for a few minutes.
How did the test come out?

So after you hit your arm and said OH DARN, did you go and pull the wrench out of the wall,or is it still there stuck in a wall stud :clobbered:

That looks very painful man :cussing:

Shit! That looks like the bruise that Johhny Knocksville had on his belly after being shot with one of those 12 gauge "bean bag" type rounds - seriously OUCH!

Yeah put it this way, I danced in the garage for a few minutes.
How did the test come out?
Impressed the hell out of me - apparently, I am BELOW average for cholesterol except for the good bit (can't remember the techo name for it) and that is slightly higher than average, which is ok :cool:

So after you hit your arm and said OH DARN, did you go and pull the wrench out of the wall,or is it still there stuck in a wall stud :clobbered:

That looks very painful man :cussing:

Nah the garage door was open, can't find the wrench and I dont want to ask the neighbor across the street what direction it was flying last time they saw it.

mpressed the hell out of me - apparently, I am BELOW average for cholesterol except for the good bit (can't remember the techo name for it) and that is slightly higher than average, which is ok :cool:

Cool, I didn't do so well with the chol tests and blood pressure tests...
Too much truckstops food thru the years I guess.

Prednisone is a corticosteroid and it's used as a sort of wonder drug, if they don't know what is wrong with you, you get prednisone :D Most widely it's used as an anti inflammatori drug (artritis...yadda yadda) and it's known to have easy bruising as a side effect.

Yep. My wife Teri has Lupus, MS, and Arthritus. She has been on Prednisone for 20 YEARS. Sucks. It makes you VERY moody.

Yep. My wife Teri has Lupus, MS, and Arthritus. She has been on Prednisone for 20 YEARS. Sucks. It makes you VERY moody.

Reading things like that sure makes me stop complaining about bruises that will go away with time.
Youre right that sucks.

OH man, Yeh Bird, that sux.....most of my car work hurts are burns from the headers that I don't even FEEL untill the sweat get in there and it starts stinging.....I got some nice patches on my arms/wrists...I don't even feel when cut hell out of my hands on something, untill the red blood causes tools to slip and I go to wipe grease off my hands.....and it's the rong color....

I"m so damn SLO working on shit these daze, takes me some 2-3X longer to change a freeking lightbulb than is necessary.....no wonder they fire old mechanics and get some kid in there.....

:clobbered::clobbered::cussing:

Nice shade...got a matching tie for that? Good thing you didn't drop the gear-box on your foot...:clobbered:

Not good with ties, But now that you mention it, a couples of weeks ago I did drop the frame on one foot.... kinda same shade of blue on the left big toe nail.

I may be clumsy but getting to be a good OUCH dancer + now, when someone hear me scream after dropping something... they duck to steer away from flying tools.

I was serious when I wrote that I was thinking of putting a Mr Michelin suit before I start working in the garage.

Last edited:
just some info!
the pilot bearing in the rear of the crank is very easily removed with a brass or aluminum rod about 6" long thats the same dia. as the tip of the trans input shaft, you simply pack the bearing full of axle grease till its 100% full and flush with its outer edge , line up the rod and smack it with a 5 lb hammer the grease hydraulic pressure behind the bearing pops it out onto the rod, now if you don,t get it out on the first hit its usually because there was air pockets in the grease so youll need to repack it with more grease and try a second time

"IF" it needs to be replaced by packing the area behind and inside it with grease and hydraulically lifting it out by use of a wood, brass or aluminum dowel driven into its center area with a mallet, the displaced grease forces the bearing up and out
[grumpy?]how do get the grease behind the bearing? [/quote]
thru the center hole the tip of the splined trans shaft rides in
710-41100.jpg