Tick tick tick, can you name that noise?

Must remember that one when I put the headers on my engine. They were leaking with the previous engine they were put on, so chances are that it will leak with my engine also.
When is a flange considered thick ?

Many header flanges are 5/16" thick, incl my Hookers... I believe cutting between the pipes is going to help achieve a better seal. I have not done it yet but I will if it leaks again.

Tap, Tap, Tap, or Tick, Tick, Tick, take your pick, pick, pick.

By the way, I know that a lifter can "tick tick tick" but if everyone who listens to me engine somehow knows that my "tick tick tick" ISN'T a lifter, I'm looking for the distinction.

Tap, Tap, Tap, or Tick, Tick, Tick, take your pick, pick, pick.

By the way, I know that a lifter can "tick tick tick" but if everyone who listens to me engine somehow knows that my "tick tick tick" ISN'T a lifter, I'm looking for the distinction.

It's hard to explain. A lifter tick is sharp and distinct (like a click) and a exhaust leak sounds different, more explosive-sometimes with a little hiss to it. :huh2:

Best I can do.:crap:

I have suffered through the same problem, thinking I had a lifter tap when it was only an exhaust leak. If you have ever owned a high mileage poorly maintained car you would recognize the lifter tap, it is a metallic tap, almost the same as someone tapping on a pane of glass with a rock. Pull up alongside a minivan driven by someone attached to a cell phone and you will most likely hear a lifter tap.

Scrapes the ground, gets stuck coming out of driveways, yeah it's low. Need to lower the front just a bit more though, for the third time.

I noticed that the collector had scraped, but I couldn't see evidence of exhaust leaking. (Carbon)