Tail light conversion

Well, I prefer my bubbles but if the law requires you to have orange turn signals these LEDs look like a good option. Is it the video or do they look a little 'white' instead of bright red ??

Well I got the "covered in chocolate" thing down ok Kev but I can't any lesbians to have myself thrown at :blush:

straight girls are acceptable too :3rd::nuts::rofl:
Ha! You could probably get away with green indicators here - a few months ago I was following a "local" who's brake lights were white :confused:. When we stopped at some traffic lights, I was able to see that he'd carefully cut away the red plastic and glued in what looked like the diamond cut plastic that cover household fluorescent lights :lol:

But yes, in Oz, they need to be amber. It is the video Karsten as those red LED's are very red...

As for the straight girls, I reckon Boss Lady might have something to say about that - like "are these your testicles?" :censored:

Gooday mate,
56C Buggar me, that's too hot.
I'm running standard lenses but with Led globes.
I bought a set of globes with the Leds on top only but they didn't really show up that well (now they're on my ZZR1100)so I bought a set with leds on the top & side,
Much brighter. I've been looking at alot of car tail lights
(I'm a courier driver, so I see heaps)At the moment the ones I like are on a Kia truck :)chinese:!!!!!!!!!) 2 round brake lights and the 2 indicators are divide in half(blinker/reverse)which look pretty good & about the right size too.
I'll have to investigate further (I carry a small ruler with me
for just this reason. That's me excuse and I'm sticking with it:rofl:).
Have a good one mate,
I look forward to hearing of your progress.
Cheers for now,
Gav

I thought about using the standard lenses with the reversing light converted into the indicator but to me it looks like a bit of an afterthought. I looked at those Kia lights from a Kia K2700 truck and they're damn close. They would fit into the light "hole" in the bumper but not as a complete unit. The holes in the bumper are further apart than the Kia light assembly, which comes as a complete unit:
35498ea79f9e81f.jpg
I reckon you'd be able to chop them up into individual lights and get them to work that way but at $139.00AUD per side, that's an expensive experiment!

I got those LED's from here:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/truck_lights.htm

They're $19.95 US each but they're DOT approved and that's actually cast into the plastic lense. I'll point that out if I have any grief trying to register it at home and claim that the lights are the 1983 Euro Conversion kit or something...