Starting up …. again

82Vettester

I haven't posted in a long time, and not much at that. I have been lurking a bit though.

In the last few months I've started back up again on my 82 Vette. So, I thought I'd say hello again and post a little on this slow going project. I'm doing some suspension, engine, and transmission mods. Body work and other will follow after the mechanicals seem solid. I've collected a lot of parts for it. I'm sure I'll have some issues, but all the stuff I'm doing is basic bolt ons.

Right now the Vette's in my converted carport (almost a garage) with the front suspension and steering removed and a lot of dust on it. I'm hoping to get more time and start getting it put back together. :smash:

Ok, pics…..

Well alright I actually have 3 Corvettes. (1) 81 and (2) 82's. The 81 was a daily driver for many years and is now in need of a lot of little things, well actually maybe every little thing that can go. It failed emissions testing and I haven't driven it in quite a while. Here's an old digitized photo, Not very good. It's from a time before the paint had oxidized and it got bumped in a parking lot:

81_Vette_P1040320.jpg

The first 82 Vette was actually the first Vette I bought. It was a present to myself when I graduated college with money left over (I worked FT through the last part of school). I babied it and too real good care of it for several years. Then a 16 year old in his dad's pickup tried to drive through it at an intersection. I was getting it repaired at a place when the owner went bankrupt, a lot of parts ended up missing and the insurance company decided it was a total loss. I bought it back, mostly for parts, but I have thought that in the future I might some day reassemble it. I have collected almost all the missing parts, its just in pieces. Here's a pic, really sad. The wind storms made a mess of the covers and I haven't got it re covering it yet.

Old_82_Vette_P1030777.jpg

Now to my present project 82 Vette. I never really like the color, but my intentions were to do some serious body work (convertible conversion) and repaint anyway. Here's a pic from a few years ago. Since then the clear coat has oxidized and is pealing off in large pieces. It's presently in my cramped work area up on jack stands.

82_silver_blue.jpg

I'll go over to the projects area and start a thread there. I have a few more pics.

Last edited:
Hard to see from the pix, that is NOW a convertible conversion?? or you wanting to DO one...?? if the latter, look under cars for sale here, and a guy has a late shark convertible conversion project for sale/parting out....

:smash::thumbs::devil:

..... or you wanting to DO one...?? if the latter, look under cars for sale here, and a guy has a late shark convertible conversion project for sale/parting out....

Thanks, I sent Jeff a PM. No, I haven't done the conversion yet, just collecting parts.