Some old pictures..

pancake

I went back to my parents house for the holidays this past year and I scanned a bunch of pictures from my dad's old car photo album. There is some neat history in there since he worked at Yenko Chevy from '76 - '79 and worked on the Yenko-Mason race team.

I think these photos are from Mid-Ohio.. You race veterans might know. I bet they were taken either with an old polaroid or a kodak 110 cause they suck! haha

**It looks like that finishline stand says Manitowoc.. **

VintageRacing3_zpsbb60016c.jpg
VintageRacing2_zps5096c5b5.jpg
VintageRacing4_zps9a96bb75.jpg
VintageRacing19_zpse1e29c5b.jpg
VintageRacing18_zps83189082.jpg
Yenko-MasonRacing5_zps439f6676.jpg
VintageRacing16_zpsa2dadd4d.jpg
Yenko-MasonRacing1_zps884081a5.jpg
VintageRacing17_zpse8b7f2a6.jpg
Yenko-MasonRacing3_zps35c43532.jpg
VintageRacing20_zpsd4cd2d69.jpg
Yenko-MasonRacing2_zps713a4d1b.jpg
VintageRacing8_zps2d658ee1.jpg
VintageRacing7_zps96086bba.jpg
VintageRacing5_zpscc743771.jpg
VintageRacing9_zpsd1748da1.jpg
VintageRacing10_zpsf5a0e400.jpg
VintageRacing14_zps86f70837.jpg
VintageRacing13_zpsf8b81ba4.jpg
VintageRacing12_zpsba912f9b.jpg
VintageRacing11_zpsac0ba4b6.jpg
Yenko-MasonRacing6_zps1a2677e7.jpg

And then there were some of his cars..

'68 Corvette.. Was originally a 327 4 speed car and he put a 427 m22 in it and painted it like a bad 70's american flag...
1968Corvette5_zps7e9d33d6.jpg
1968Corvette4_zps3d4548ea.jpg
1968Corvette1_zps7541ea0a.jpg
1968Corvette3_zps2b906f2d.jpg
1968Corvette2_zpsccd636fe.jpg

A 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury he had in high school and up until he was drafted in '68... It was a 383 4 speed with super stock springs, super stock torsion bars, those cast iron fender well headers.. reverse chrome wheels.. My grandparents took it, forged his name on the title, and traded it for a slant six dart swinger for my uncle while the old man was overseas. They sent these photos to him.. which still pisses him off to this day.

1964PlymouthSportFury2_zpsbb9a4f09.jpg
1964PlymouthSportFury3_zps098a6031.jpg
1964PlymouthSportFury4_zpsf8ec2615.jpg
1964PlymouthSportFury1_zpse537ae22.jpg

And he had a 914 Porsche when I was a kid.. I can't remember what year. It was originally a 2.0 with the bosch fi that he took off and put webers on..

19xxPorsche9141_zps8e7dc33b.jpg
19xxPorsche9142_zps51cb7618.jpg

Good going man, GREAT legacy to have, there are NO pix of any of my old cars that I know of, just this vette......nothing antique at all.....

Enjoy......neat stuffs to show your kids too....

:D

Good going man, GREAT legacy to have, there are NO pix of any of my old cars that I know of, just this vette......nothing antique at all.....

He's got an old yellow legal tablet with something like 150 cars written on it that he has owned... and there were pictures of about six of them. I am a lot like that.. I don't have pictures of much.

It was pretty cool, though. There is one picture that the whole race team is leaning on the roof of the car and we cannot find that damn thing anywhere. Go figure.

Here's another good one. Count the head bolts... Promo photo. Pretty cool parts, though.. Winter's casting heads and block.. Hillborn injection, Bassett headers.. They were building and shipping those engines to Florida for somebody's drag boat team.
OldManAtYenko_zps2c0cfb9c.jpg

Last edited:

He's got an old yellow legal tablet with something like 150 cars written on it that he has owned... and there were pictures of about six of them. I am a lot like that.. I don't have pictures of much.

It was pretty cool, though. There is one picture that the whole race team is leaning on the roof of the car and we cannot find that damn thing anywhere. Go figure.

Here's another good one. Count the head bolts... Promo photo. Pretty cool parts, though.. Winter's casting heads and block.. Hillborn injection, Bassett headers.. They were building and shipping those engines to Florida for somebody's drag boat team.]

Drag boat, Florida, wonder if they used Lauderbach Marine jet drives???

I met his son, Hank Lauderbach years ago....ran a repair shop in Bethesda Md....Hank had a cammed up 350 in a Anglia, with power slide auto....

So he calls this customer to pick up his car, parks it on the street out front, into the shop working on the Anglia, it slips into reverse and takes off into the customer's car......Hank runs to the phone and calls customer back saying it was a mistake.....just caught the guy on the way out the door....so for some days Hank is doing body work, apparently the customer never noticed.....

Another friend is down the road a good bit in Cocoa Florida, drove a airboat....krazy bastard took it out on the roads in Maryland, in a snowstorm, he was zipping right along, the cops knew who it was, and so just drove to Charlies house and waited for him.....he used to work on the fire EMT squad river rescue craft....had a 500 inch modified caddy engine in his boat....wonder if he still has that old Ford station wagon he towed it with.....

As usual, no pictures....wonder if another friend may have some, if he does, maybe I can copy paste.....:D

....until he was drafted in '68 ... My grandparents took it, forged his name on the title, and traded it for a slant six dart swinger for my uncle while the old man was overseas......

Jeez, that was a dick move. I bet on the pic it's grampa showing how he love the car.

Thanks man for sharing, those pics are really sweet (and not that crappy).

Wonderful pics!

I think I see the Group 44 GT6 at the left of the first picture. Seems to be a TR7 to the right along with a Buick Grand Am???:tomato:

....until he was drafted in '68 ... My grandparents took it, forged his name on the title, and traded it for a slant six dart swinger for my uncle while the old man was overseas......

Jeez, that was a dick move. I bet on the pic it's grampa showing how he love the car.

Thanks man for sharing, those pics are really sweet (and not that crappy).

According to the old man, my grandad hated that car. That particular picture pisses the old man off because his crossram manifold with dual carters is gone and has been replaced with a single carb manifold.

The other thing I notice is look at his skin complexion.. has a touch of blue. I don't know why it didn't come through on these, but all those pictures were stamped July 1969.. My grandad died in 1970 on his way home from work.. had a heart attack on the side of the road in his pontiac. That's what smoking a pack a day and sopping up bacon grease with toast will do, though.

Last edited:
Wonderful pics!

I think I see the Group 44 GT6 at the left of the first picture. Seems to be a TR7 to the right along with a Buick Grand Am???:tomato:

I can't see how a tr7 could ever run with any of the v8 cars of that vintage.. I had one and it was a dog. It might be a tr8, though? But I really have no idea.

I don't see a grand am.. but that #11 car is the Nova Don Yenko raced.. I think my old man said those pictures were from 1978 but I am not 100% positive.

Last edited: