So how's YOUR weather?

Living up north world be nice because I could have a hockey rink in my back yard

Winter does have its beauty though. Here's a pic I took tonight looking out the back door.

And it also does a darn good job of killing off bugs, reptiles, small rodents, exotic plants, pussies & snowbirds. I have really come to appreciate that.
(I only wish it could do a better job on illegal immigrants....)

We got typical Colorado weather here--55* & sunny Sunday, woke up Monday to 5" of snow & dark overcast --but bright sunshine & calm blue sky by afternoon, 10* Tuesday morning but 40* in the afternoon with wind gusting off & on up to 30MPH (just 'breezes' for this time of year), 35* Wednesday morning then up to 50*calm & nice, who knows what Thursday will bring....

I brought my heavy duty Carhartt stuff- just in case. And this is not the regular insulated Carhartt stuff- this is the POLAR stuff.

Funny thing about airports- there is no place I've found to be any colder- or hotter. I was over in Kuwait- it was 122* in town and 136* at the airport. It is educational- you learn very quickly to NEVER lay a wrench down in the sun.

9 am and 40f out back right now, Tim, I bet that port is super duper cold and windy now, go ahead and lay the wrench in the sun today, about the only thing warm out there.....friggin' electric bill going to be nasty high....

that new bedspread/comforter we bought a few months ago, Linda wanted something new....whole ensemble of really nice high class stuff for 160 bux with all these pillows and foo foo for her.....but that damn comforter was really nice last night, warm without being weighed down like a Eskimo....

:surrender::bounce:

TODAY ITS REALLY COLD ( AT 5 AM IT MUST HAVE DIPPED DOWN TO THE HIGH 60S. BUT I AM SURE THE REST OF THE DAY WILL BE FINE.
MAY EVEN GO FOR A DRIVE:thumbs:

TODAY ITS REALLY COLD ( AT 5 AM IT MUST HAVE DIPPED DOWN TO THE HIGH 60S. BUT I AM SURE THE REST OF THE DAY WILL BE FINE.
MAY EVEN GO FOR A DRIVE:thumbs:

FU.....only 48f now, sunny but cold wind...predicted 24f tonight....

walked out this morning to feed the outdoor kitty, and my ASS fell off, shattered on the concrete, had to go get a shovel and gather it up......

:eek::hunter::cussing:

TimAT is working just up the road a piece, welcome to this lovely balmy Florida weather....

Winter does have its beauty though. Here's a pic I took tonight looking out the back door.

Looks stunning - somewhere nice to visit then go back home to Warmsville...

Funny thing about airports- there is no place I've found to be any colder- or hotter. I was over in Kuwait- it was 122* in town and 136* at the airport. It is educational- you learn very quickly to NEVER lay a wrench down in the sun.
That's about the max I've experienced out here, although I was doing a ground run in the middle of summer a couple of years ago and I put my cell phone on the coaming to see how hot it would get in the cockpit with no ECS on and at around 155*, the phone made a pathetic "bleep" and switched itself off! It's always in the back of my mind during ground runs in summer when the ECS is off, if it's possible to be electrocuted with all the sweat that's running off my elbows etc and vanishing into panels. Scary shit for a crusty old "engine man"...

It was about 77* here today with a light breeze, which was pretty pleasant unless you stepped into the shade. Maybe it'll get as low as 47* during the night and be 57-60* in the morning. It's what you get acclimatized to though, any colder than that tomorrow morning and I'll have the heater on full blast on the way to work and have my jacket, gloves and beanie on!

Last edited:

Looks stunning - somewhere nice to visit then go back home to Warmsville...

That's about the max I've experienced out here, although I was doing a ground run in the middle of summer a couple of years ago and I put my cell phone on the coaming to see how hot it would get in the cockpit with no ECS on and at around 155*, the phone made a pathetic "bleep" and switched itself off! It's always in the back of my mind during ground runs in summer when the ECS is off, if it's possible to be electrocuted with all the sweat that's running off my elbows etc and vanishing into panels. Scary shit for a crusty old "engine man"...

It was about 77* here today with a light breeze, which was pretty pleasant unless you stepped into the shade. Maybe it'll get as low as 47* during the night and be 57-60* in the morning. It's what you get acclimatized to though, any colder than that tomorrow morning and I'll have the heater on full blast on the way to work and have my jacket, gloves and beanie on!

I bet THAT's funny looking.....:shocking: