Snowman's C3 555 Bruiser Makeover

What's next is:

Install custom roll cage

Get clutch working again and get car on the road.

Bake everything in the hot sun so we know final paint will be the final.

Get a lot more of the electrical work complete.

Order my own drag wheels, slicks and skinnies.

Find a used painted hardtop. Want to stripe the car probably and want to do the top at the same time. If you know of a 68-75 hardtop in decent shape (I care more about glass, stainless trim, headliner and latches than the quality of the paint since we are redoing it anyway), please let me know.

Then sometime in September probably we will paint. Going to do C6 LeMans Blue like on my Z06. Will pop much better than Bridgehampton Blue and set the car apart.

Once again sorry for being so long to post.

Doug

Found and "won" a hardtop today on fleaBay for 550. Needs some work but a good price compared to many I've seen posted.

Onward and upward!

Doug

Amazing Build Snowman. I wish I could do my car like yours! I was wondering if you could post a pic of your transmission cross member. That would be much appreciated. Looking forward to the next update :drink:

We are modifying cross member but should have it back this weekend. I will post a pic. The wheels do look like Minilites but are made by Vintage Wheel Works. The HRE's for my Z06 were about 2k each. These wheels, custom made were 1500 delivered for all 4. I had the spokes powdercoated.

Final engine dyno numbers are classified at the moment...will be in an upcoming 3-part series on the motor in Corvette Enthusiast but best run was mid 800's for hp and over 720 for tq.

Hoping to get tranny back in the car this weekend and get it back on the street for a little fun. Car is now in primer so looks a little weird at the moment...like a ghost. :D

First motor article came out in NOV2009 issue of Corvette Enthusiast. Second article is coming out now. We are hoping that January 2009 issue (which comes out next month go figure) will have motor on the cover which will be first time CE had anything but a Vette on the cover. We'll see. It ain't all done yet. I have taken some time off from this project, mostly because I needed to install a natural-gas-driven whole-house backup generator before hurricane season started. Looks like spending the cash has kept hurricanes away which is good for me. But building up cash for next stage.

First motor article came out in NOV2009 issue of Corvette Enthusiast. Second article is coming out now. We are hoping that January 2009 issue (which comes out next month go figure) will have motor on the cover which will be first time CE had anything but a Vette on the cover. We'll see. It ain't all done yet. I have taken some time off from this project, mostly because I needed to install a natural-gas-driven whole-house backup generator before hurricane season started. Looks like spending the cash has kept hurricanes away which is good for me. But building up cash for next stage.
Nice job snowman, keep the progress reports coming. As I read through this thread the color I kept seeing was green. It is symbolic of more than one thing and I was feeling all of them. Good luck with a beautiful project!

Sorry for long wait for an update.

January 2010 issue of Corvette Enthusiast is now out with my motor on the cover. Also answers the question how many HP on the 7300rpm run. 850HP

Car is now all in primer, at the shop getting roll cage installed this week then will finish paint between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.

More pics as I have them when the car comes back from the shop.

Doug