IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

The last one is to keep the missus off my sack

I bought MY wife a Miata only a '91 so for about 1400 bux totak she scoots around with the top down shouting zoom zoom ZOOM!!!

but for the life of me, what in hell are those RED anodized aluminum thingies???

much less the plain jane looking 'mounts'..???

engines look alike, any predictions on it???

curious what your final outcome was....

:hunter::gurney:

They are billet annular venturis and they press into the plain jane mounts which go into the dominator carb on top of the motor in the garage. The pins are what hold them into the carb so you can change boosters.

Annular boosters are the shiznit. Instead of 1 big hole that gets fuel sucked out of, there are 12 holes around the circumfrence of the booster. This atomizes the fuel better.

Last edited:
That table behind the flowers there, all the fuel atomization you need, right there....:blush::nuts:

so what was you final on the engine besides the obvious carb and fittings and aluminum heads?? 350??+++? whose heads???

pistons, ratios??

cam...roller or flat??

projected HP??

:confused:

So here is what I am thinking.

I have some dart iron eagle 180 heads that I am going to port myself to match the fel pro 1204 gasket, I have some epoxy to fix up the intake the way I want it to port it to the gasket as well. The valves are 2.055" and 1.6".

I am going to get some 6.2" long rods from scat (eventually) to go with my 396 stroker pistons and my forged 350 crank.

I am going to use a comp cams hyd roller cam off the shelf part with 242/248 at .05 duration on 113 LSA. Its their 1.6 ratio rocker cam, but I am going to use 1.65 rockers on the intake side to get the lift I need.

So

10.4:1 compression
242/248 .603/.579 Hyd Roller Cam

I will guess at about 495ish hp.

Yes, with a very low DCR.
7.5:1

Last edited:
Think you'll have enough carb? I'll bet that low end will suck. Not hammering at your setup, but I'm thinking with that much volume available getting off a stop will really be a challenge.

I think I will. its 1050 carb.

Which is why I sprung for the billet 12 hole annular boosters which will help with the fuel atomization at low rpms.

Here is some fun reading:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0511phr_carburetor_boosters_tech/index.html

http://www.gofastnews.com/board/tec...ct-review-1-aeds-1250-carb-too-big-350-a.html

They have only a slightly more radical motor than I am looking at and a 1250 carb versus the 1050 I have.

If it doesnt work I can sell it to one of you big block guys. I have a couple of other single planes around and a holley 650 and 750 as well as an edelbrock 600

Last edited: