Sloppy steering ... need help.....

Please do NOT take this the wrong way- I'm not doubting the box is moving as you say, but for grins, stick your finger between the frame and the box and have your bride move the steering wheel. Its dark down in there and with the shaft moving and the pitman arm moving, there is a possiblity that your eyes are fooling you. If the shaft is moving up and down it could easily give the appearance of the box moving.

Once again, I'm not doubting you a bit, just another way to confirm where the problem is.

Hey, no offense taken.... I even tried to tape a video clip of the movement but it was too dark.... I'll try again with more light.....

Doesn't matter what's moving, the box, the frame or both.... I don't like it and it will be fixed ("improved") - can't have all that NCRS correct stuff on that car anyways..... :bonkers::waxer:

You have a dial indicator and a magnetic base?

Stick the base to the engine and put the indicator on one of the mounting ears of the steering gear.

Well guys, we know who will have his car out of commission the next few years :D