Simple device....production....?

Hi Gene,

if you ever need contacts here in Romania or also in Mexico i can give you a few which i know they have a good reputation and necessary skills.

For what you ask ? For nothing, just like people you try to start new businesses out of good ideas.

Greets
Robert

Now that's a hell of an offer!:thumbs:

Thanks guys, I will be back in touch when I get some documentation and paper work done I managed to find a confidential disclosure agreement on line, and so to get it done....with some pictures, and diagrams....

I have a whole long list of possible modifications for this unit also....

various concepts, of design, but the material is a mystery, just plastic, basically with some metal involved....

:nuts::hissyfit:

Hi Gene,

if you ever need contacts here in Romania or also in Mexico i can give you a few which i know they have a good reputation and necessary skills.

For what you ask ? For nothing, just like people you try to start new businesses out of good ideas.

Greets
Robert

Now that's a hell of an offer!:thumbs:

Thanks guys, I will be back in touch when I get some documentation and paper work done I managed to find a confidential disclosure agreement on line, and so to get it done....with some pictures, and diagrams....

I have a whole long list of possible modifications for this unit also....

various concepts, of design, but the material is a mystery, just plastic, basically with some metal involved....

Cool:drink:

I just imagined exactly that.
Means injection moulding but a person has to feed the mould with parts which needs to be injected.
Then definitely you have to produce in a low labour cost country.
The injection machine cost everywere the same per hour. The employee which feeds the machine is the cost intensive factor.

I know here in Sibiu a company which produce for the biggest Swiss foodchain knives.
They receive the blades from a company in Switzerland. Then lay them in the mould and inject the plastic handles.
The same company is producing for our mothercompany in Slowakia some rings. Those rings are finally used in the food industry to put on them loops and clips for Salami production.

Means injection moulding but a person has to feed the mould with parts which needs to be injected.
The injection machine cost everywere the same per hour. The employee which feeds the machine is the cost intensive factor.

I know here in Sibiu a company which produce for the biggest Swiss foodchain knives.
They receive the blades from a company in Switzerland. Then lay them in the mould and inject the plastic handles.
The same company is producing for our mothercompany in Slowakia some rings. Those rings are finally used in the food industry to put on them loops and clips for Salami production.

Sounds like maybe something applicable to my idea...maybe, have to think on that.....

thing is, I don't have any money to invest in molds and setup and initial production run.....

then the movable parts aspect....to make sure it all fits nicely, otherwise a minor disaster happens...:nuts:

Sounds like maybe something applicable to my idea...maybe, have to think on that.....

thing is, I don't have any money to invest in molds and setup and initial production run.....

then the movable parts aspect....to make sure it all fits nicely, otherwise a minor disaster happens...:nuts:

Why not try to get some venture capital ?

Why not try to get some venture capital ?

I want to keep this as clean and simple as possible, because I got royally FUCKED big tyme about a decade ago, here in Florida, and so I know the laws in Florida and the locak FED dist courts are crooked as snakes.....I got the iron clad proof of it, not that it's worth more than used toilet paper....

:hissyfit::hissyfit::gurney:

been down that road

i went through the great idea process about 7 years ago and managed to get it to a fairly high level, but like so many good ideas never made anything from it. a good friend's son came to me with just a toilet paper sketch of something that couldn't be made. he wanted me to fabricate a prototype, and gagged when i gave a rough estimate. the actual concept of a shower safety system for seniors could sell. we formed a company to develop it further and each kicked in some decent $$$. i redesigned the entire product, made a few rough prototypes to test the concept. we decided on a design, than i designed the molds, built them in my shop, designed and made several thousand small venturi pumps from delrin, found a supplier for the chrome finish. we shopped for supliers of tubing, suction cups, bottles, bottle pumps, shower heads, screws, boxes. we put up a website and actually sold a few dozen. than we hit the big time. the product was entered in a HSN contest for the best new product. he went to fl for the finals. late in the afternoon i got a call, "WE WON" holy shit. got trips to fl. a po from them for 1000 units and a couple of good time slots. we thought we had it made. i can't describe what it took to produce, assemble, inspect, skid, shrinkwrap, ect that thousand in just 4 weeks. the thousand sold, but not fast enough, so no reorder. the website sold a couple a month while we shopped it around to potential buyers but never got beyond "it's a great idea". tried the telemarketing co. route but no interest. finally it was more trouble than it was worth and costing money so i shut down the co. the remaining stock is still in my garage, the molds are in my home shop, and the patent hangs proudly in my home. it was a great experience and i would do it all over again just for the thrill and expectations.
if you have real faith in this product, go for it. if you don't, you will never know. but be prepared to spend some $$
refine the design, make some good prototypes and test the hell out of them, smash them, try to break them, than make them better. finally, find someone who can market it, the best product is worth 0 if it doesn't sell. and if it is a really good product, TRUST NO ONE.

i went through the great idea process about 7 years ago and managed to get it to a fairly high level, but like so many good ideas never made anything from it. a good friend's son came to me with just a toilet paper sketch of something that couldn't be made. he wanted me to fabricate a prototype, and gagged when i gave a rough estimate. the actual concept of a shower safety system for seniors could sell. we formed a company to develop it further and each kicked in some decent $$$. i redesigned the entire product, made a few rough prototypes to test the concept. we decided on a design, than i designed the molds, built them in my shop, designed and made several thousand small venturi pumps from delrin, found a supplier for the chrome finish. we shopped for supliers of tubing, suction cups, bottles, bottle pumps, shower heads, screws, boxes. we put up a website and actually sold a few dozen. than we hit the big time. the product was entered in a HSN contest for the best new product. he went to fl for the finals. late in the afternoon i got a call, "WE WON" holy shit. got trips to fl. a po from them for 1000 units and a couple of good time slots. we thought we had it made. i can't describe what it took to produce, assemble, inspect, skid, shrinkwrap, ect that thousand in just 4 weeks. the thousand sold, but not fast enough, so no reorder. the website sold a couple a month while we shopped it around to potential buyers but never got beyond "it's a great idea". tried the telemarketing co. route but no interest. finally it was more trouble than it was worth and costing money so i shut down the co. the remaining stock is still in my garage, the molds are in my home shop, and the patent hangs proudly in my home. it was a great experience and i would do it all over again just for the thrill and expectations.
if you have real faith in this product, go for it. if you don't, you will never know. but be prepared to spend some $$
refine the design, make some good prototypes and test the hell out of them, smash them, try to break them, than make them better. finally, find someone who can market it, the best product is worth 0 if it doesn't sell. and if it is a really good product, TRUST NO ONE.

Holy shit, that was some good reading.
Thanks

Your product is way more expensive and hard to make than what I have in mind, just gotta be...and so seniors don't have the bux, or reluctant to spend them on something like that....

and the .gov only fixes, not prevents...so no aide there.....

I still playing with concepts, me and Linda doing like we always do on some/any project, pick at it, bat ideas back and forth, set and forget or mull on it for a while....

tell you what, that little kid (age 59 granny 14x over)...has more ideas than NASA.......

:pprrtt::flash:

Too bad you couldn't bring your product up with marketing.

When i came here to Romania in 2005, i soon realised that here the graphite stones are much cheaper then in Switzerland. Also the labour cost is 10 times lower.
Me and a friend came up with the idea to produce grave stones here. We calculated the material, labour cost and even transport.
We could send each grave stone with a Sprinter back to Switzerland and still would have made a profit of 500 Euro per piece.
But finally it ended while we didn't know who and how to do marketing.

That's life.:surrender:

When i came here to Romania in 2005, i soon realised that here the graphite stones are much cheaper then in Switzerland. Also the labour cost is 10 times lower.
Me and a friend came up with the idea to produce grave stones here. We calculated the material, labour cost and even transport.
We could send each grave stone with a Sprinter back to Switzerland and still would have made a profit of 500 Euro per piece.

This is something that would appear on QVC or some such shopping/household show-channel on cable...

so marketing is easy.....

Walmart sees it, and there is no way humanly possible to keep up with the demand, that right there would be 6 conex boxes worth, minimum....

:surrender::eek:

This is something that would appear on QVC or some such shopping/household show-channel on cable...

Walmart sees it, and there is no way humanly possible to keep up with the demand, that right there would be 6 conex boxes worth, minimum....

We also thought that this idea with the grave stones should work. Because there is a "natural" demand for that. And in such situations people don't discuss prices, but how to "advertise" such a idea ?
Very delicate.

We also thought that this idea with the grave stones should work. Because there is a "natural" demand for that. And in such situations people don't discuss prices, but how to "advertise" such a idea ?
Very delicate.

Funeral director's associations, morticians society??, gotta be professional groups, just like lawyers, you know......

:trumpet:

you start in with quality, and that is something that comes from the ground, so if you have a good stone supply, well, that's cool.....but if the choices are limited, or stone is not all that great, and worse yet can't ship on one piece....ouch...that hurts/kills the market quickly.....