seatbelt warning light

CLASS OF 69

On my 90 the seatbelt warnin light stays on. i had the seats out last night and checked the circuit from the seatbelt connection thru the wire connection an up to where it goes into the center console - i unpluged the connection and shorted the circuit and still no change in the seatbelt warrning. this is not a resent problem I am just now getting to it. does anyone have experience with this problem or a wireing diagram with layouts of the circuit i could use to track the problem?

Better pull the bulb because the chime is a bitch to reach, you have to remove the center console,radio and ac control and it'son the back of the dash frame , very hard to reach

Does the chime work (stops when you buckle the belt)?

nverheard a chim at any time (bukled r unbuckled)

Not positive on this but I thing that indicates you have a bad module. The chime and the seatbelt light are both controlled by the same module. The seatbelt light is on a timer. The module looks for the switch closure (seatbelt buckle) and then turns the light off after a few seconds.

Not positive on this but I thing that indicates you have a bad module. The chime and the seatbelt light are both controlled by the same module. The seatbelt light is on a timer. The module looks for the switch closure (seatbelt buckle) and then turns the light off after a few seconds.

Bet it's a bad cap on that module....:nuts:

seatbelt light

where is the module located?

seatbelt light

where is the module located?

My chime doesn' sound (not ever). and again where is the module located.

I've never done it but I think it is in the console. Maybe in the center around the radio?

On my 90 the seatbelt warnin light stays on. i had the seats out last night and checked the circuit from the seatbelt connection thru the wire connection an up to where it goes into the center console - i unpluged the connection and shorted the circuit and still no change in the seatbelt warrning. this is not a resent problem I am just now getting to it. does anyone have experience with this problem or a wireing diagram with layouts of the circuit i could use to track the problem?

My 90 does this too. even with belts buckled light stays on. started after I removed the female receptacles.

I said where it's located above, it's behind the dash in the middle, you have to remove the radio and ac controls and it's buried deep in the back there behind the dash frame. It's right behind the info panel. Not fun at all.