Robbed

Years ago, when I wired home tracts up, we installed "vacation" switches.
Install a switch just inside the garage/rear door that turns off the garage door receptacle.
When your in for the night, or on vacation, turn the opener off.

:devil::smash: Smart thinking bird, only problem is, when you pull out, close the door, no one home.....in they can go then....

I would advocate some way to retune the entire system to another, ILLEGAL by FCC freq, but the output on those little remotes is so small you never get caught....really....

:eek:

edit....maybe hide the switch outside, like in/near the a/c unit safety disconnect....and fix it on a 3 way to boot, one inside, one out.....

Bird, we be some devious bastards...eh??

Last edited:
Years ago, when I wired home tracts up, we installed "vacation" switches.
Install a switch just inside the garage/rear door that turns off the garage door receptacle.
When your in for the night, or on vacation, turn the opener off.

That's what I have.

Trail camera might work too.....

My friendly supply store has some on sale. I was thinking about that last night. Are these camera's motion activated or timed snapshop type thing?

Linda's boy, the a/c mechanic, had a bunch of them installed in the 5 acre farmette in Middleburg Fl...just down the road a piece....

they got a whole bunch of GREAT wild life shots....

pigs, deer, and.....

BEAR ALERT!!!!

momma and baby BEARS!!!!

:thumbs::eek::eek::eek::surrender:

My friendly supply store has some on sale. I was thinking about that last night. Are these camera's motion activated or timed snapshop type thing?

They are motion activated. Let me know if you buy one (or some) and how much they are. I have been wanting one or two for quite a while now.....

They are motion activated. Let me know if you buy one (or some) and how much they are. I have been wanting one or two for quite a while now.....

This is the one I was thinking about. I am not so sure it would be good. It is always pointed at the same spot and would most likely not take good picks of a moving person.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

I am thinking a pc based wireless system like this would be more effective with 4 cameras and is actually cheaper than the game camera.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=RC531A-CM801CWAS1-4&cpc=RESX

I kind of like the big mean quit dog approach. The type of dog that they would never know is around the house till they are inside. Combine that with a yippy little dog to let you know to grab the .45 when your home and you have the perfect security system.

I kind of like the big mean quit dog approach. The type of dog that they would never know is around the house till they are inside. Combine that with a yippy little dog to let you know to grab the .45 when your home and you have the perfect security system.

You are right. Cameras wouldn't be a deterrent.......need some kind of alarm be it a dog or otherwise.

I believe a 12 gauge has more of a visual impact than a .45.:smash:

Oh boy, here we go!

I want a hand gun for "personal protection" around the house. I don't know booby dick about guns. Where do I start?

Go with a short barrel 12 ga shotgun with slugs or OO buckshot. Easier to handle when your half asleep and you don't have to be a real great shot.