replacing broken stud

nearbrt

having fun replacing broken rear stud on the 69.got as far as removing everything fine but no clearance to insert new 1 3/4" stud in thru the back .looks like the spindle has to come out about 3/4" ..how can i do this .it seems solid as all hell.gear puller ? tap/massage/pry method ? other thread says they bent dust cover for clearance but...suggestions ?????? might have some e brake parts after this .thanks in advance..big bob

found a book with pictures ( my favorite )shows spindle running all the way thru trailing arm. thought i could do this with out messin with that right now. re build later .all i need is a little clearance . suggestions ??????

ok was able to drill small hole thru dust cover then step it out to allow stud thru then into hub ..used washers and a new wheel nut and impact driver to set .."perfect" $4.50 and all day..beer thirty now

i"m a fart smucker ! got to be ready for those bird runs ! wheel must have worked loose on all those twistys on that last run or drag racing you and losin " big time with you haha

rut row ! hey tim thanks for all the tips getting my vette running ! btw it was kwplot kevin who kicked my ass on the last bird run ! i got a case of crs ! fixingheader exhaust leaks now, then on to rear end ....:banghead::banghead: